• 43 •

Hey guys

I know I've been gone for a while and I am so sorry if I let y'all down and I let my problems get to me. I know it's not an excuse but I hope you all understand. I've been getting messages, tweets, DMs and you guys are all so sweet and I really appreciate it and it makes me feel so much better knowing a lot of you care and I don't know how to thank you enough.

Anyways I'm not gunna make this really long and I don't wanna make this some sob story, I just wanna write for you guys because honestly all the support and concern you guys have been showing keeps me going and I love you xx.

L U K E

Sunday mornings at our house was usually quiet. It was just usually me at home alone, or I'd go out with my friends but this time the boys and Tori were there to, well, do whatever they do. Calum and Michael walked in to our house with a huge plastic bag and a familiar scent evaded my nostrils that made me perk my head up to their direction.

"Is that dimsum?" I asked with a huge smile on my face.

"Damn right it is Lucas, now bring out the controllers and the conso—oh hey Tori" Michael said and Calum walked right behind him with another paper bag. "Ice cream" he answered reading my mind.

"Hey Mikey, hey Calum. Glad you boys thought about coming over I think Luke here was a second away from ripping his hair off from boredom" Tori joked and I tried to hide my chuckle as I fake pouted. "you know I never get bored of you" I said and she walked over to where I was and gave me a quick peck on the lips and I could see Michael and Calum grimace from the side of my eyes.

"ugh"

"ew, why do you have to do stuff like that in front of me" Michael rolled his eyes which made me turn to him.

"Now you know how I feel that day you were with Imee, so shut up" I told Michael and he flipped me off.

I grabbed my crutches to go get the controllers and set the game up but Tori stopped me and gave me smile before she grabbed the controllers herself and set everything else up. "You know I can do it babe" I told her and she plopped to the space next to me on the couch. "I know, I just don't want you to hurt yourself"

Michael and Calum soon came back with some plates and boxes of food. Calum handed me a pair of chopsticks and I excitedly pulled them apart then dug into my food as I waited for the game to start.

"Man, the game wouldn't be the same without you. I mean coach was pretty worried and upset, so is the rest of the team" Calum told me and made me snap back into the real world, which involved school and other crap like that. I groaned at the thought of it as I continued to chew on my food.

"Yeah I know, I got a few calls from coach and the rest of the guys a few days ago, they also told me about the game next week, you guys will do fine without me man, just don't let it affect you too much" I told him giving him a reassuring smile and he weakly smiled back. Before I could even respond the faint ringing of the house phone was heard from the kitchen and Michael quickly sprung from his feet and walked to the kitchen "I got it"

The game started and both Calum and I played without Michael who took a while in the kitchen. I wonder who called; it was just probably his parents that's why he offered to get the phone.

I continued to play and groaned everytime Calum stole the ball from me and made another goal. Tori just laughed beside me, she was snuggled up to my chest, my arm around her as I played. Moments later Michael came back and sat next to Calum with a confused look in his face. "Who was it?" I asked him and he just stared at the ground, a scared expression still present in his face. I paused the game and threw the controller at the table.

"Mikey, who was it"

"It was—It was N-northcrest Luke" Michael stuttered and I felt Tori's grip on me tighten

"Northcrest?" Calum asked as he looked at me and Michael. "What are you talking about Mikey?" My whole body froze as the next set of words came out of Michael's mouth.

"I-It's Ashton--"

"--he's missing. He got out of the institution"

I heard Tori gasp beside me, her hand covering her mouth and horror was laced in her eyes. It hadn't been long since the incident happened and now he was missing, and was probably anywhere by now and the thought of it made me so terrified. I didn't want him to hurt me, or Tori or anybody else. "Luke wha—what are we gunna do? We have to call your parent's now. We have to tell them, this isn't safe, he could be anywhere"

"Northcrest is a thousand miles away, he couldn't have gone that far yet, right?" Calum asked with a shaky voice. Michael quickly grabbed the phone and tried desperately to dial my parents as quick as he could with his shaky fingers. I ran my hands through my hair, not knowing what to do next. Victoria was now sobbing beside me and I enveloped her in my arms and kissed her head, trying my best to calm her down even if I was having a hard time myself.

I cupped her small red face in my hands and looked at her deeply in the eyes "Shhhh, come on baby. Please don't cry, just remember what I promised you okay?"

"Luke, what if he comes to get you again, do you have any idea how he almost killed you the last time? No! I'm not gunna let that happen ever again, we need—" she started to ramble really fast, tears running down her face and her voice shaky.

"It's not gunna happen again, I promise. I'm not gunna let him come near you, we're gunna be alright" I hugged her tightly again and she continued to sob on my chest. I had to tell her it was going to be alright, I will make sure of it, but the thing was there was no certainty that we will be.

* * *

Attention all fangirls, an Ashton Irwin is on the loose. May the odds be ever in your favour hahaha

.