● 40 ●

L U K E

It was 6 in the evening and everyone finally left the house except for my mom and my dad who were asleep upstairs probably exhausted from all the bullshit that has happened for the past few days.

Tori and I were sprawled on the couch, her head leaning on my shoulder as we silently watched a movie with some leftover cake from the small gathering, my leg resting above the small comfy chair that was in front of the couch. Of course Tori had to do that, also grab pillows and surround me with them saying she doesnt want any broken bones in my body anymore.

"Need anything else? water?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"No thank you, just a tall glass of you please?" I answered with a smile and kissed her cheek. I could see the way her face turned into a shade of crimson because of my actions, I was glad I still had that effect on her. I thought it was absolutely taken away from me when I first found out about Ashton.

Speaking of Ashton, no one wanted to tell me about him, I wonder how he's doing. All I know that he wasn't put to jail, he was currently in couselling somewhere far away and that he was already having some issues with drugs and alcohol before. My parents reassured me that he won't ever be near me again.

Even after what Ashton did, which I was a little upset and mad. I mean, he did plan to kill me, but I felt bad, Ashton had always been my friend, since we were kids and he was always the dorky good guy. I just wished he atleast told me about his problems and the drugs or the drinking.

He's changed a lot

and that weird thing was I have also noticed something different about Tori now, she was being very protective and cautious. I'm not complaining but I get worried because she doesn't act like they way she was. I started noticing it when she was yelling at that nurse at the hospital, and also for growling and scolding Michael for playfully punching my arm a while ago, which was fine. I didn't really understand what the big deal was.

My eyes were glued to the TV when i felt something touch the sides of my jaw, I looked to my side and saw Tori with her fingers running on the edges of my jawline and my chin and I couldn't help but smile at the way she looked at me. I felt so special and loved, exactly how I looked at her.

"You've grown a stubble" she giggled while she continued to play with my chin and I jokingly bit and swiped my tongue on her finger as she flinched away.

"Eeewwww! germs, you're gross" she exclaimed with a laugh she's clearly trying to hold back.

"What? It's not like you haven't kissed me before!"

"There's a thin line between kissing and biting Lucas--there'a line and you're over it, by ten miles" she chuckled while bringing her legs up to her chest while she snuggled and I pulled her closer to me, sharing out body heat with each other.

"You love me" I playfully nuzzled my head in her hair, getting strads of hair on my face. I pouted a bit holding up a few strands then making a mustache out of her hair

"Yes, yes I do and you're taking advantage of it" she laughed and kissed the side of my head. We both leaned onto each other with the blanket covering both of us and then I felt my eyes start to get lazy.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Yes a little bit" I yawned and blinked my eyes a few times as I felt little pools of tears form on the sides of my eyes, then rubbing them with my knuckles.

"You're too cute, let's go upstairs then, come on big guy" she said as she helped me up handing me my krutches while holding me up carefully.

"Just walk slowly okay? One step at a time" she told me as she held me close to her as she assisted me on the steps. She held me up in times of trouble, both literally and figuratively. I felt safe, protected and calm. I tried to lift up my weight so she wouldn't have such a hard time.

"Easy Lucas, you don't have to rush you'll fall" I looked at her and she looked so worried but as soon as her eyes met mine she shot me a reassuring smile.

"Just one more step--there we go, proud of you" she said leaning up to kiss my cheek but I immediately turned my head so our lips met instead.

"That wasn't very fair" she pouted as she helped me get on the bed, then walked to the side to place my krutches where I can easily reach them.

"I'm sorry, I just can't get over the fact that you're here with me" I smiled at her sweetly as she slowly lifted up my leg to put a pillow underneath it then a blanket over me.

"I know, me too. I'm just glad you're okay. Now, get some sleep" she said kissing my forehead then walked towards the door and a pinch of disappointment invaded me.

"Tori?"

"Yeah Luke?"

"Please stay for the night, here with me" she sighed and looked at her phone for a while. I gave her a sad pout and she typed in something to her phone before walking towards me and settling on the other side of the bed.

"I just texted my dad, told him I'll be staying here" she smiled and that made me all giddy inside.

"Are you going to be able to sleep well tonight with me? I don't wanna bother you, you haven't had any decent sleeping hours at the hospital"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Just please stay with me, I need you here"

"Don't worry, I'll be here. Aren't I always?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine, I promise you I will be able to sleep tonight, how about you? I get worried you've been having nightmares lately"

"Well, most of them are about Ashton, I'm just scared that he'll come back. I don't want him to hurt you or me ever again"

"He won't, I'm here baby"

"Yeah with a broken leg--" she joked and I laughed.

"Even if every bone in my body was broken, I'd do anything just to keep you safe, now get some sleep okay?"

"Okay, I hope you'll get a good sleep as well. Goodnight Lukey" she leaned in to kiss me before closing her eyes, our breaths pushing against each other, our nose almost touching.

and that night I did, because finally I was in peace, knowing that the girl I loved was right there in my arms.

* * *

filler, bc I need a break from all the drama from the past chapters haha and luke's being a cute little shit

how is everyooone? i missed you all :* what else is new besides arzy's new hair?