● 06 ●

Finaaallllyyyy throwing an Ashton POV in this chapter. Hell yeah

* * *

She kissed him and it he was fine with it, and it just happened to be today when I thought about dressing myself up to make him notice me.

I felt really stupid, seeing them together was bad enough but seeing them kiss just crushed me. I knew that I shouldn't be this upset about it. I mean who the hell am I to have the right to be jealous? but I was, and it sucks. It seemed never ending, this path I'm running to, and I could feel the bile raising to my throats making me feel sick all of a sudden.

I kept running until my legs felt weak, nas far as they could take me. All I knew was that I needed to be atleast a mile radius away from here, but the next thing I know I found myself sitting and leaning myself to a tree at the school yard, catching my breath with my hand clutched to my chest.

I heard Ashton call out to me again and the sound of soft footsteps on the grassed grounds came closer and closer to me. I kept my eyes shut and continued to sob, I didn't care if he had to see me like that. Although I couldn't deny there was this feeling of relief knowing he was there, something about someone seeing you at your worst had an unusual effect on me. He was panting, trying to catch his breath before he spoke up.

"Tori, I really don't know what to say, but please don't run off like that. Come on--"

"You don't get it Ashton." I tell him between sobs and it just pushes him further. "No, you're right. I don't get it. I don't get why you're beating yourself up about this." He asks again, his voice still tired and panting for air.

"God I feel so stupid dolling myself up for this" I yelled, tears still streaming down my face. He cupped my face and brought his lips to mine "what are you--" but I pushed him off the time I realized what he was doing "Get off me!" I yelled at him.

"You're just too blinded by his charm Tori, just like everybody else and you're seriously changing yourself so he would notice you? For the love of god he doesn't even know you." I froze as those words left him mouth. Like venom sliding from his tongue. Those fucking words that I hated so much. I felt my blood boil and my fists tighten. How could he say that. He doesn't get it. "Except for me...Im here, Tori, can't you see that?"

"I never fucking asked you to Ashton you're not my boyfriend." I was just so infuriated with him but I didn't have the energy and wasnt in the mood to argue with him either, and with that i walked away and hopped on my bike and pedaled as fast as my legs can. Away from here, away from Ashton, away from everyone and I never looked back. I shouldn't have agreed to do this in the first place.

* * *

A S H T O N

Ashton. You're an idiot.

I just wanted to help her out, I really genuinely did. I wanted her to know that not everyone in school despises her, or at least she thinks they do. She was fine being herself. She was spontaneous without even having to try to. She was always so alone, wherever I saw her. I figured she was that way, a girl who liked her own space, never really craved attention but just wanted someone to care, that's why I approach her at school. I know what being alone feels like, with no one really giving a hoot at what you do and I didn't want anybody else feeling that way.

I did kiss her. It was kind of forced, but I just wanted to shut her up for a second, all the emotions was battling up inside of me and it felt like it was the right thing to do. Apparently it wasn't the best idea. I thought that was gunna go the way I wanted it but again, I was so wrong. I pitied her when I saw how she was sitting alone at that table but I was jealous seeing her cry over that asshole, and I was so mad seeing her changing herself just so Luke would notice her.

She didn't even need to change. She caught my attention just being herself. How she draws on her notebook during class. It's just a shame that it was Luke's face she kept drawing. How she combs her fringes to keep them in place, how she says those really mean things to me and act all angry but she ends up looking really cute, how she looks when the breeze hits her face and her hair just moves out of her face everytime she was on that bike of hers.

I knew about how she keeps sending Luke notes and pictures of him. I would notice how she always does that before lunch when she thought nobody else was in the hallway but I kept quiet about it.

I was disrupted from my thoughts when I felt a hand slap the back of mt head "Ow! What the hell man?" I hissed.

"You only played one note, one note in that entire song" Calum said.

"Oh, oh sorry" I shook my head as I faced the guitar again. We were inside the music room practicing for this festival that was coming up. I looked at Calum again, he sighed and sat next to me. "Is it her again?"

"Well. I wasnt...I mean something just happened you know and it's bothering me. Its cool though, everything's fine." He looked at me with those 'dont-give-me-that-bullshit' faces again. "...alright, well it was her"

"I mean it's totally fine like I get it. I used to be like that too. I just don't know about all this weird stalker vibes you're giving me man, I mean if she finds out..."

"Are you fucking kidding with me right now Calum? She'll never find out anyways."

"I just don't think it's healthy you know. It's kinda scary, doesn't that worry you though? You know what I meant Ashton."

"I don't know man, she's just different, you know? Like, I feel like I need to fix her, and know all these stuff about her. I need her man."

"That's not your responsibility Ashton. The girl probably just needs some space. Maybe she's even on her period who the hell knows. I guess she was really just upset about it. Give it a few days and then talk to her about it. Apologize. Do something nice for her, instead of following her around everywhere. Girls dig romantic shit."

"That's kind of the issue here Calum. She's impossible. Plus she's not into all that girl jazz. She likes old music, and old people and old stuff." I explain to him and Calum cranes his neck and his eyes shift to their sides. Looking a bit confused. "isn't romantic like old?"

"your mom's old and I don't hear you complaining."

"You walked right in on that one. Real funny. Look, I'm just saying. I am pretty good with the ladies myself. Just trust me on this one mate, maybe it'll work"

Okay. Give her some space then, but I have to make it up to her. Big time.

* * *