● 09 ●

lemme just say, look at that lil piece of shit right there ^ he just makes any bad day better idek

A S H T O N

"Heeeey Cal Pal! Lovely day today huh? The sun is shining, it's a great day" I sang as I entered the music room as I threw my bag on one of the seats and gave him a high-five.

He looked at me with a confused look on his face with his guitar positioned in his lap. "Cal Pal I missed you, don't look at me like that, c'mon man."

"Ashton" he said with that look still plastered on his face.

"What?"

"First, i's raining, ash, there's no sun. Second, why are you so chirpy today I don't ge--" he suddenly raised his eyebrows and his eyes widened "--you got laid didn't you?! I knew it! That's why you're in such a good mood today."

"Just because I'm happy doesn't mean I got laid. We didn't do stuff like that Cal just so you know, but we had a good time. She's actually warming uo to me now, plus I met her mom and stuff." I smiled while I positioned myself on my beat box. Calum cringed at what I said and I raised my hands at him "What?" I asked. "You guys were at her house. In her room. Just the two of you, and you don't bang her. On top of that, you met her mom already. People still do that? Wow"

"Calum, Tori's not just some hook-up, and yes people still do that! Im not just looking for a good fuck Cal jeez."

"Ashton's in looooovvveee!" Calum sang in a girly high pitched voice.

"You don't even know what love is Cal" I laughed

"You don't even know what tadpoles are. Tadpoles are baby turtles!" Calum mimicked my voice then threw his head back as he bursted into laughter.

"God I had the one error about what tadpoles are and it branded me for life! Can we just practice now so we can go home?"

"Okay lover boy" he said as he rubbed his hands on his knees then positioned his guitar gesturing that he was ready

I began to tap on the box to start off the beat, and after that everything just flows. I just love the feeling of creating music and how the rythym just brings everything together. Music has always been my way of expressing what I felt, it's kind of like my channel. It makes me calm and it just lifts my spirit everytime.

"one..two..three..cal"

"Hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morge
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally
If we want.

Where you can always find me
And we'll have Halloween on Christmas.
And in the night we'll wish this never ends,
We'll wish this never ends.
I miss you, miss you
I miss you, miss you"

My beat paused for a while then tapped on it again and took a deep breath.

"Where are you?
And I'm so sorry.
I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight.
I need somebody and always
This sick strange darkness
Comes creeping on so haunting every time.

And as I stared I counted
The webs from all the spiders
Catching things and eating their insides.

Like indecision to call you
And hear your voice of treason.
Will you come home and stop this pain tonight?
Stop this pain tonight."

"Dont waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head.
I miss you, miss you."

Calum and I stopped at the same time and he grinned at me

"Wow, we never sounded that good before." he said raising his eyebrows like he hasn't even figured it out yet. "Yeaaah, but I feel like it still has a fee tweaks missing to it, I don't know Cal, but yeah that was good." I said scratching my head.

Calum always had a great voice, and he was good at guitar, he has a bass back at his house but he never really uses it. (pfft im laughing, u just wait, he WILL use it soon)

Calum and I, we've known each other since we were kids. He lived next door and our mother's were bestfriends. I even remember the day we met like it was yesterday, I was eating and I remember that one particular cheese toastie that a random baseball flew inside my room and knocked my sandwich down. I yelld because I had a long day at school that day and I was hungry. Then his brown eyes were peeping inside my bedroom window with a guilty and scared look in his face. I remember him saying that he was sorry and I didn't bother listening to him, that was unti he said he'd replace my cheese toastie with pizza he had at home and in an instant, I fell inlove with the Asian next door. We became bestfriends ever since.

As we grew up, we discovered a lot of things we had in common like both our love in music and other shenanigans. Calum is pretty popular, he's in the football team and I was in the school's Percussion Ensemble. I used to be in the team, but I got pretty sick of it, since most people on the team are assholes. Well, except for Calum, and that Luke kid.

Luke

I partly hated him. Partly. I just don't like the idea of Tori liking him and it meant he was competition and I hated that I knew that Tori would choose him over me in a wink. Luke is a nice guy, I knew that. We had several classes together and we kind of talked before when I used to be in the team. He wasn't bad, I'm not saying I like him, but I don't hate him either.

He's just oblivious and I hate it, Tori has been throwing herself at him lately and she has a damn Luke shrine in her room for Christ's sake!

I gotta step up my game.

* * *

i suck, and yay! no classes! but i have this sport's thing at school soooo yeah, but it's not as bad as actual classes, so that just means more updates. ily all so much xx