● 22 ●

im sorry if im being cliché hahaha

* * *

L U K E

"Go on a date with me"

You dumbass, where the hell did all that confidence come from?!

"Like, a date date?" she asked and I saw her cheeks flush. "Um yeah, I guess you could say that" I responded feeling awkward about this whole situation once she got silent

"Hey do you like cotton candy?" I asked with a huge smile.

* * *

"Really Luke? The carnival?" she said as we got out of my car. "What? The carnival is fun, there's like a ton of junk food and sugar in here"

"Fine, it's not like I can argue with you any longer" she huffed but I can still see the smile in her face.

Alright Luke, this is your chance. Don't be awkward. Don't say anything--

"I like s-spoons"

--Stupid

I blurted that out of nowhere and she looked at me confused then bursted into laughter. "Okay, that doesn't make sense b-but, pffft okay" she said in between laughs and I felt my face get hotter because of embarrassment.

"Well you know, I like pengu--"

"Penguins, yeah I know" She smiled at me as we walked and looked at the different rides and booths. "I'm your stalker remember? I know you have a big penguin in your room. I know the bands and the type of music you listen to. I know how you fiddle with your fingers and scrunch up your nose a lot when you get anxious. I know you love cadbury digestives. I know that you have a great singing voice even if you don't sing a lot in front of people and you know, just random stuff"

"Oh, really? I didn't think anyone would notice that" I smiled at her admiring how she knows every single bit of me even if we don't talk a lot back then. Most people would think it's weird that someone notices everything you do, but I think it's actually cute.

I wanna tell her all the things I know about her. I wanna tell her that I notice her every single morning when she sits on her window, she was the reason why I started passing by her house ever since I saw her when we moved in. I notice how she plays with her fringes a lot or tug on the ends of her shirt when she gets shy. I know how she rides her bike to school everyday, how she only wears black, white and grey. I wanted to tell her how much I want to be with her and how much I care, but I also know how she chose Ashton over me and I totally respect that.

"Come on let's get some cotton candy" I told her as I slighty nudged her to the side.

"Don't nudge me"

I nudged on her again a bit harder this time.

"Luukkee! Don't" she laughed as she walked towards the cotton candy cart. I raised my arm, contemplating whether I should put my arm around her or not. She has a boyfriend Luke. As those thoughts invaded my mind, I lowered my hand and kept them to myself instead.

She already got herself cotton candy and she smiled at me widely. "Look! It's bigger than my head!" I laughed at her comment as I reached for my pocket and payed for it. As she was slowly picking on her cotton candy. I smirked to myself and took a huge bite on the cotton candy stuffing my whole mouth with the pink sugary stuff. "NOOOOOO! That's not how you eat it! That's wrong, ugh it makes me so mad" she said slapping ny shoulder.

"Whuff? I like if! Who caref abouf how other people eat if!" I said with my mouth full of cotton candy. "Look! There's a lot of people there, we should go see what it is!" She grabbed my hand as she ran towards the sea of people.