● 03 ●

V I C T O R I A

As I got into Luke's car, I immediately recognized his smell. That specific smell that I have come to know for the past 5 years. This time it was mixed with car smell and it couldn't get any better than this. My nails dig deep into my skin as I tried not to grin so much. I've never been this close to Luke Hemmings, ever.

I remember when the first saw him. First day of year 7, he was walking down the hallway and I was sitting at the staircase. He was alone and he had his schedule in his hand. I felt my grip on my books tighten. He was absolutely perfect.

But there were a number of girls who walked to him offering to walk him to class. Of course and I just had to sit there and watch them. I was distracted from my thoughts when Luke coughed. I realized I was smiling and staring at him for God knows how long.

"So um, where do you live Victoria?"

"O-oh, two houses away from yours, actually" I expected him to know that already. We've been living in the same neighborhood for years.

"Oh, sorry I just don't see you that often."

"It's alright" I said combing my fringes with my fingers. The whole ride was quiet, I wanted to start a conversation with him but I didn't know what to say. God I'm the most awkward person ever. I still can't believe I'm in the same car as Luke Hemmings. Any girl would die to be in my shoes right now.

I've imagined this situation in my head a couple of times now and i practiced how I would act, but now Im just not doing a very good job at it. Why? What was I supposed to do again? Everything just seemed so natural when I imagined it but now I cant get a damn word out of my mouth.

I felt the engine stop and that's when I noticed that we reached my house already. Dammit I wanted more time with Luke. I wanted to stay right here. I was secretly hoping he'd circle one more time around the block just so we could talk more, I could look at him and his perfect face. It's not everyday get a ride home with someone as perfect as him. I don't wanna get out.

He opened his car door and got my wrecked bike from the back of the car. I just sat there completely still, unable to move, actually refusing to move.

I don't want to leave yet.

but then I thought everyone thinks Im a freak, and if I didn't leave, that would be weird then Luke would think Im a freak as well. I hated it, I absolutely hated it if Luke would think the same as the other people in school that even the thought of it made me grimace.

Luke came back of his car and he smiled at me, he crossed his arms and rested it on the window of his car, just next to me. His face was so close, and he looked more beautiful. he opened his mouth as he was about to say something when I cut him off. "Are you dating her?"

"Excuse me, what?" his eyes widened at my question. I gulped and gripped the hem of my shirt a bit tighter regretting what I just did only to realize I had no escape now. "A-are you dating her?" I managed to ask him the same question again.

"Who?" he said looking down at his shoes. I was pretty sure he knew who I meant. As much as I didn't want Luke to think Im weird but I just wanted to know.

"Talia. Are you guys dating?"

"You know her?" I don't, well I do but we aren't friends. I'm not actually in their type of scene Luke what the hell. I just shrugged but still looked at him hoping for an answer. It took him a couple of seconds to respond, then he sighed and opened his mouth "Um, its complicated actually."

"Oh okay. Sorry if I asked."

"No, its fine. You don't have to apologize"

I opened the car door finally deciding to get out "thanks for the ride home."

"It's no problem. I'm sorry about your bike, I can replace it. It's pretty wrecked."

"No its alright. I can handle that." I said, but still refused to say goodbye.

"Well? I have to head home. See you around." he responded then he drove away. My eyes followed his car as he drove to his own house.

I sighed and turned to walk to my door when I spotted a familiar set of curls sitting in front of our door.

"What are you doing here?" I held the books in my chest tightly trying to look angry as possible. It was Ashton seated at the stairs of our porch with he same usual cheeky smile etched on his face, making his dimples prominent.

"I just wanted to see you." he said with a full smile. "Oh my god are you okay? What happened?" He panics and runs towards me inspecting my leg. I step away from him before brushing him off to walk closer to my door.

"How do you know where I live?" I asked, clearly annoyed. I didn't want to be associated with him right now, or anyone for that matter.

"I have my ways, plus I saw you a while ago and you looked kinda...off, so I figured you needed a friend but woaaah you got a ride with Luke, that's interesting."

"That's none of your business." I snapped quickly getting inside my house. I was about to close the door behind me but he placed foot between the door and the door frame.

"Everybody needs a friend, Tori" he gave me a really wide smile then he removed his foot from the door and skipped happily off our porch. I cringed at the nickname he gave me.

"Wait! How do you know my name!" I yelled since he was already skipping away.

"I told you! I have my ways!" he continued to skip with his face straight forward waving his arm signaling goodbye.

I swear that boy has some serious issues.

* * *

Sorry for the short update, i just dont know how to end this chapter im a little sleepy its like 2 in the morning haha love you lots