● 44 ●

V I C T O R I A

I was marching in circles around the house trying to comprehend what was happening. I didn't understand how Ashton got out, it was a pretty legit and a highly guarded facility I don't get why he can just escape like that, and to think he might possibly come back to get back at me or at Luke.

Luke was trying to get himself a glass of water and I saw Calum try to help him but I blocked Calum away and grab the water myself, handing it to Luke. I notice my hand shaking when I saw the water from inside the glass quiver so I held the glass with my two hands trying to find composure. "Luke what are we supposed to do? Ashton, he's--he's gunna-I can't let it happen again Luke, it's been haunting me for days I can't-" Luke hugged me by the side while we sat at the couch.

"Luke you need anything else bud? Food? Anything?" Calum asked Luke with puffy eyes, fear was visible in his voice however it was obvious that he refused to let it show. "Just my inhaler please, thanks mate" I quickly got off the couch and reached for the inhaler at the coffee table "got it" I said handing the inhaler to Luke as he took a puff and inhaled a deep breath with me rubbing his back.

"but Luke asked me to-" Calum started but I cut him off "yeah but I got it first didn't I?" Calum bit his lip and nodded at me slowly before slumoing on the couch across ours.

"Guys, come on don't start--"

"We are gunna die, Ashton's gunna come back for Luke, or me. I can't possibly face him anymore no, we are gunna die-" I mumbkled again to myself thinking about what could possibly happen. "Tori please you have to listen to me, stay calm, we're gunna be okay" Calum told me as I rubbed my hands to my face, getting so infuriated and upset at the same time.

"Don't you dare tell me that its gunna be okay Calum, you don't know anything alright? So can you just shut the hell up?!" I snapped at him immediately regretting what I had just said to him, Calum had always been a good caring friend since the start and seeing him with his jaw dropped and a pained and offended look in his face made me regret those words.

"Woah! Um I'm sorry if I'm just trying to help you and your boyfriend's ass from your crazy psycho ex-boyfriend!" he raised his voice at me as he stood up from where he was seated, this time with an analogous fuming look. I backed away a little but Calum opened his mouth again notifying me that he wasn't done yet.

"You know what I'm done with your shit, in case you haven't noticed Luke and I were friends long before you guys even dated alright? So don't act like you know everything about him and that you're the only one that's scared and concerned because I am too, you can't just take every single fucking thing and act like Luke doesn't have any friends who care about him." Calum's voice cracked and his eyes welled up with tears but before they could even fall, Calum already ran out of the house, slamming the front door on the process. Michael just shook his head at me and jogged outside as well to follow Calum. I looked at Luke and now he looked more upset than ever, and that sight saddened me even more.

* * *

A S H T O N

It has been approximately a week since I have been detained inside Northcrest, but it felt like a whole year already. It was just people telling me that everything was gunna be fine, that I needed this, that I was gunna get better.

Well those people can screw themselves, because there is nothing wrong with me.

I am not crazy, but those people are making me think that I actually am. I have been withheld from drugs and alcohol. It was so hard, to crave something so badly and not get a taste of it. I just sat down everyday in an empty room, enclosed in four white walls, and being drowned by my own thoughts. They keep saying I was getting better but the truth was I had no progress, no momentum. I'm stuck inside a mental institution for Christ's sake.

The obnoxious buzzing sound of a bell rang again and I glanced at the small glass window by my door seeing one of the personnel walking towards my room and I then decided. I have formulated the plan inside my brain for the rest of the week and now was the time.

He carefully unlocked my door and greeted me with a smile. Such fake people

"Good morning Ashton, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling absolutely wonderful today Brent" I said trying not to look suspicious as the lanky middle aged man walked in and placed my food on the table and wrote something on his clipboard. "You got any headaches lately?"

"No no I'm feeling okay, no headaches"

"Good" He smiles as he writes something again and while he did that, I slowly moved towards where he was and my eyes roamed around his pockets but my eyes found the keycard for the room and the elevator. I moved a bit closer and slammed his head against the table as hard as I could. He ended up lying on his back at the floor, his forehead coloured red because of the blood but he was still conscious. He tried to scoot away from where I was but I immediately finished him off by hitting him in the head one more time. "headache my ass, how'd you like that huh Brent?" I said as I chuckled at the bloody sight in front of me.

Before any of the guards a few feet away from my room could even notice, I quickly dragged the man's body across the room close to where my bed was, took his uniform and garbed it myself. I also took his old navy blue hat and placed it on my head, tilting it a bit down so no one would notice. I took his keycard and headed outside my room, and pushed the cat that had the trays of food and kept my head down the whole time.

I silently walked down the halls and tried to look unsuspicious as possible. One security guard walked passed me and greeted me, however I did not look up. "Morning Brent!" he said, I tipped my hat at him to greet him in a way that I did not need to say a word. I slot in my key card at the elevator and grinned to myself as I thought about what I was going to do when I get out.

"I'm coming back for you Hemmings, you and every single one of your precious friends"

* * *

mygod I was just looking at photos of drunk ashton and it made me want to write this chapter, its like 3 in the morning rn and I am on a roll fellas