Revival, Captain

Here's another chapter, cadets!

~~~~~~~

1 DAY LATER

Third POV:

The carriage had held (f/n)'s body and carried her throughout the city. The civilians of Sina showed their remorse as they wore the deadly color and bowed their heads at the cart. 

The Scout Regiment remained at the headquarters, under orders from Erwin. The carriage pulled into the morgue as a group of the workers came for her body, dressing in black with a (f/c) ribbon tied on their wrist.

They lied her body on a wooden table, the scent of death flowed throughout the air. But the melting wax of the candles masked the scent.

The diener came in the dim room,  wearing a grey suit with gloves.

"Such a lovely girl.."he sighs as he began to unbutton her top to clean the corpse. "Now let's see that nasty scar." he smirks as he unbuttons the last button. He takes off the shirt from the corpse and scans the body.

The (s/t) was perfect, no marks or tears. The diener pulled up the file of the girl and read over the cause of death.

Branch of a tree tore through her stomach, large scar.

He turned the body and there was no scars at all.

The man shrugged off the report and prepared her for her greeting with Charon.

He dressed (f/n) in a black lace knee length dress, with a bit of a frill at the end. Her dull (h/l) (h/c) hair lied on her shoulders.

"Simply, lovely now to get the final piece." he tells the corpse as he walks to the table.

A small white wooden box was on the table, he opened the box and carefully held up the object.

A silver necklace with a locket, the man opened the locket to reveal a family photo of (f/n) and her family.

"Ahh, what a beautiful family. I could see where you got your eyes from." the man laughed as he walked back to her.

He put the necklace around her neck, pulling out the hair that was caught.

He grabbed a small bowl that was filled with a clear, pinkish liquid.

He dips a small paint brush into the liquid and painted her lips.

He blows out the candle and opens up the window to light the room.

"Now you look like a real corpse bride." he laughs as he leaves the room to grab the bouquet.

Silence. That was the room. Suddenly, a butterfly flew into the room. She soared throughout the room and landed on (f/n)'s stomach. She slowly flapped her graceful wings.

----------

I gasped as I sat up from the uncomfortable surface. I blinked a few times regaining my vision, but I couldn't hear anything.

I touched my (s/t) hands, feeling the flesh on my bones. I touched my ears and I suddenly heard ths sounds of birds.

Tweeting the blue birds went as the flew by the window. The sounds of the horse's hooves clicking along the cobble street.

I kept touching my skin. I just kept thinking over and over again

I'm alive. I'm alive.