110. Youngjae

I'm kinda sorry if you were expecting for a happy or fluffy imagine since I made this a serious one, but I still hope you'll like it even the tiniest bit?

. . .

Youngjae woke in the middle of the night upon hearing his parents' bellows. He flipped over, lying on his stomach, and put a pillow over his head. He groaned, "Why do they have to fight at this hour?"

He has been used to this set up at home, his parents quarreling at any things: be it personal or business matters. But he was too tired from all the school works, not to mention three-straight sleepless nights to accomplish it all, and now that he was done; his body system was demanding for a good sleep.

"That exactly was the problem! Why the hell would I let your illegitimate child live here?! I no longer complain about you having an affair but to live with her was beyond my limits!"

He opened the door of his room, "Eomma, Appa. Can you please stop fighting right now and give me some peace to sleep? I badly need that now. I don't need you bickering about my half-sister."

The next day, he saw a portmanteau in the living room. "She must've been here," he told himself.

He found them in the dining area, silently eating breakfast. She looked up and smiled at him.

"Take a seat now," his father commanded to which he complied, sitting opposite to his mother and beside his half-sister. "Tsune is living here with us, starting from today."

Tsune and her mother were supported financially since she was still in her mother's womb; but her mother died due to an accident and that made her father to come up to his decision.

On the other hand, Youngjae has neither liked nor hated his younger sibling. It wasn't her fault why she was brought on earth and why his parents always fought. The blames were all on his parents, it was their choice.

The next nights were mostly fights again, Youngjae didn't mind them this time since they were inside their room. But a noise caught his attention, like someone was crying somewhere. He finally found the source of the faint cries; it was from Tsune's room.

He knocked on the door and the cries were no longer heard, "I'll come in, okay?"

She was settled by the corner of her room, hugging a pillow: fabric covered by an everyday dress of her deceased mom. Her eyes swollen from too much crying, her cheeks stained and the dress pillowcase soaked with tears.

Youngjae knelt in front of her, "Was it because of them?"

She looked up but rather just stared blankly at his face. She wanted to speak but she can't. She knew he surely felt rage towards her.

He scooted by her side, leaning on the wall. "It was hard, was it? I don't mean to offend you and your mom, but for sure no one wanted to became the second or third or the so-called other family. But do you know what's harder?"

She looked at him eager to listen to her older brother, "What?"

"It was that even my family, the legal one, can never be called a family in the first place. Dad has his time limited for his two families and work, but rather than having quality time with us, they always fight about stuffs even the tiniest one: like little kids," he chuckled bitterly before speaking again, "I have grown up in such family unlike you who instead grew up with love and affection even only from your mom."

She found herself reaching out to hold his hand, "But you have been strong, oppa," smiling meekly to him.

He nodded, "I have to be, since no one was there to be strong for me."

"I'll be strong for you then," she said. It wasn't usual for her to be like this since it was her mother who was strong, but this time she would be strong for him.

Youngjae smiled, "We would be strong for each other. Promise, Tsu?" He showed his little finger and she took it and they wrapped each other's pinkies.

"Promise, oppa."

A few days later, Youngjae was from school when he heard shouts and cries of agony from Tsune's room. He dashed towards her room and found her being beaten up by his mom. "Mom!"

"Oppa," she called him, her voice raspy and in pain as her tears rolled down her scarred cheek.

He went immediately to her, pushing his mom away. "It's okay, I'm here now, oppa is here," he hushed her down while wiping her tears with his thumb.

He turned to his mom and asked, "Why are you doing this, Mom? Tsune didn't do anything towards you."

"Nothing? She was the fruit of your dad's affair! Now tell me, tell me that she didn't do anything to ruin our family!"

Youngjae stood up, "You knew this family was ruined long before. You and Dad maybe got married and had me, but we were never a family. Do we even care each for each other? I don't think so."

He turned his back on his mom and faced Tsune, crouching to see that her ankle was twisted. He smiled to her faintly before carrying her in his arms, "Let's get you treated."

Youngjae was just staring at the sleeping physique of his younger sister, his only family. It was even harder to see that she was mistreated by his mother.

"Do you want to go away with me, Tsune? Let's go away from them, shall we? I don't want to be with them any longer and I don't want you to be treated that way," he said.

++

Youngjae tried to push the disturbance away but it would not budge until he felt some squirted liquid on his face. Opening his eyes, he saw Tsune grinning widely at him. "What the Tsune?"

She sarcastically replied, "I'm having fun? You look funny, oppa," she pressed the button of her squirt gun, giggling triumphantly.

"Tsune?" He called her name, prolonging the first syllable while glaring at her. "You brat," Youngjae jumped out of his bed and their weekend bonding started.

A family does not only mean comprising of a father, a mother, and a child. Youngjae have rather found a family with Tsune. Although they may only share the same father, their bond and love were far more than you could ever imagine.