9. Mark

"Jagiya? Gwaenchana?" he knocks on the restroom's door.

"Mm" you hummed loudly while wiping your mouth with tissues. "Is it a sign?" you opened the door with a smile on your face.

Mark was perplexed, "What's with your smile?" you tilt your head still grinning from ear-to-ear. "Jamkkaman... is it? It really is?"

You nodded your head, "I may be carrying our baby!"

Mark wraps his arms around your waist and lifts you up in happiness, "I'm going to be a daddy!" he screamed in gladness. "Wait, we need to be sure about that" he says and puts you down. "Stay here" he walked to the closet and pulled out his jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be buying that, what you call that again?" he wears his jacket and beanie.

"Oh, pregnancy kit?" you say as you fix his fringe. "I'm excited for it" you cup his face and give him a peck.

Mark drives to the nearest drugstore and buys the kit. He waits impatiently in your bedroom, "Oppppppaaaaa~" you screamed.

He runs to the restroom door, "What's wrong? Did you slip?" you were still amazed upon the result. "Yah!!! Answer me! Are you okay? I'm coming in" He twists the knob and sees you there mesmerized.

"Oppa, look here. Ppalli" you gesture him to come to you. "See? Two lines. Omona~" you pointed the kit.

"Let's have a checkup as soon as tomorrow then" he said and caressed you stomach. "I can't wait to see our baby" he kissed the side of your head.

++

"Congratulations, Mrs. Tuan is 3 weeks pregnant" the doctor says. "But please be cautious of your meals and routines to keep the baby healthy, arasseo?" you nod to her.

"Careful" Mark says, putting his hand over your head to avoid you from bumping on the car's frame. You giggle and enter; he runs around the car's front and sits on the driver's seat. "Do you want something?"

You shake your head, "Nothing for now" you whispered the last two words since you still don't know what to eat.

He started the engine and drives off when your eyes spotted the Seoul Street selling street foods. "Oppa, pull the car there. I want to eat eomuk, tteokbokki, kimbap" you count in your hand.

He chuckles, "Arasseo... let's eat street food as a snack"

"Hotteok, hotteok!" you tug his hand while pointing at the hotteok.

++

You walked out from the restroom, trying to calm yourself. You reached for your phone from the bedside table and dialed Mark's number.

"O-Oppa?" your voice stammers. "Oppa" you started weeping.

"____, is something wrong? A-are you crying?" he immediately stands up from his desk, wearing his coat.

"Eotteokhae?" you stroke the middle of your thigh and held it at your face, "I-I'm bleeding... eotteokhaeyo oppa?"

"I'm on my way. Don't panic, arasseo?"

You nodded your head helplessly, "Oh, let's meet in the hospital" and you hung up.

You wake up on the soft mattress of the hospital with Mark beside you, caressing your hand. "Mark" you said.

Mark smiles at you for reassurance. He knew you only call him by that when you're anxious and scared. "You both will be okay, don't worry"

The doctor finally came in, "The baby's safe. Your bleeding is a warning for you to be careful more. You need a complete bed rest..."