34. Youngjae

"But ajumma I have no place to go!" you cried out, pleading not to sent you away. "Please... eomma said that you must take care of me until I can stand on my own feet!" you reminded the promise she must kept. 

"You only give me sorrow! You and your mom only give my family debt!" she said as if your mom wasn't her sister. But she said what's the truth, your mom's illness caused the family to spend more money to save her but still she died.

"Please, ajumma..." you are on your knees already, hands clasping together but still she pushes you out of the house with your luggage.

++

"Where should I go now?" you mumbled while kicking a pebble on the way, which leads to nowhere. You look up the starry night, "Please, provide me a safe place to stay for the night"

Just then a car beeps beside you, you were startled and it keeps beeping. "YAH! WHAT'S WITH YOU?!" you exclaimed and bent, knocking on the tinted glass.

As expecting, it slides down. "Get in" a good-looking guy in checkered varsity jacket and rounded eye glasses said. He doesn't look bad like those strangers in movies but you kept in mind not to trust anyone.

"Why would I even get in your car? You are a stranger to me as a matter of fact" you tried to act being this strong girl to at least intimidate the guy.

He chuckles and hands you his ID, "Choi Youngjae, 17 years old, 2nd year in Senior High, studies in Korea Art High School. Are those enough?"

"Korea Art High School?" you echoed, asking.

He nods, "I know you actually. The commoner girl who entered our school easily" he smirks, insulting you.

'Jerk, you are being this good guy then immediately you became this bully one' you thought.

To your surprise, he was now beside you, putting on his jerkin over your shoulders. "The weather is already chilling; you might get colds" he opened the passenger seat for you.

You saw him grips on your luggage, you sigh. "Fine" you said in defeat.

He smiles, 'Good you gave in' he mentally said and put your luggage at the back seat, before jogging in front of his car and gets in. "For your information, I live alone so you don't have to worry about someone visiting and scolding around. But since you are living under my roof you must do something in exchange" he continuously said and turned to you. He leans in, looking directly in your eyes and on your lips.

You move backward, gulping and breathing heavily. You wanted to push him but you were still, like you have been paralyzed. Well, his eyes just paralyzed you.

You close your eyes tight just then you heard him laughing hard. You cursed under your breath, "What do you want me to do for you anyway?!"

He immediately composed himself, bringing back that poker face. "Be my personal maid and you'll have a place to stay"

"MWORAGO?!" you exclaimed.

He smiled, "You heard me right" when you were about to get out of the car, he held your hand tight as if never wanting you to go from him. "Free foods and personal necessities, you even have a salary, and of course you get to live with one of the hottest boys in school. Take it or live unsafely"

"Very conceited" you gritted between your teeth. 'But would you prefer living outside with harmful elements around, Masa?' you sighed, "I'll take it"

++

You were busy studying for you next subject when a girl approached you, "Hey, you bitch..." she said meanly to you but you didn't pay attention to her. "Hey, are you even listening to me?" she pushed your shoulder roughly.