73. Jackson

I heard a chair dragged towards my seat. "Good morning ______" he greeted me, the usual thing he do every day either in school or through text.

I looked up to him and smiled a bit, "Morning Jackson"

"What are you doing? Reading?"

I nodded as a silent response. He is actually asking the obvious, you know?

"You know that I like you, right?" I nodded once again. "Then, please be my date on next week's Valentine's Ball?"

Jackson has been courting me for a month already. He is sweet, humorous, alert, intelligent, masculine yet a gentleman, and a talented guy. My friend even entitled him as a perfect guy for me. Every girl in school wants him that made me so lucky about getting his attention.

It's not that I don't like him; he surely is a perfect guy. But I know I'm not the perfect girl for him---not enough for him. What if's those are what I'm afraid of.

What if I disappoint him? What if he found me unattractive anymore? What if I'll find someone else? What if he'll find someone else? What if he realizes someday that we are not fated for each other? What if I am too in love with him already and those happened?

"I'll be waiting for your answer until tomorrow" he says and stands up to his full height. "Bye" and he exits our room. We both are seniors but differ in section though.

"So, are you going then?" my friend asks. "You know ______, it's already our last year in high school, right? You should at least go to the Valentine's Ball to experience the atmosphere of loveeee" she's shifting into her dreamland again.

I roll my eyes at her, "I'd better lock up myself in my room than getting pretty on someone who is not even meant for me"

"Not meant for you?" her voice arises, seemed surprised. "How can you say such? You don't even give you and Jackson a shot! Don't jump into conclusions without even trying to experiment. I'll bring back 'what if' to you... What if Jackson is actually the man intended for you? Will you just let him slip because you are afraid of getting hurt?" she surely has a lot of her own love quotes in mind.

I've got to think about what she told me. Right, I shouldn't just let Jackson slip off my hands. I tried to call him but it's just sent to a voice mail saying, "Yow~! Jackson here... I'm at work by this time. I'll call you back as soon I'm off from work for now please leave a message after the beep. Beep... okay haha"

I just decided to go to his work place, where he brought---dragged me before after class. But rather, I saw him with another girl. He is having a cup of tea with her! That didn't make me angry but because he was actually holding her hand like a boyfriend would do to her girlfriend!

"Wow... I never expected to be hurt this early" I mumbled that got his attention. "Work, huh? Well... guess like you both seemed to work together" I sarcastically said.

I was about to turn my heel when he held my wrist, "Wait, _______... I'll explain"

"What should you explain? You and she explain everything to me!" I exclaimed and tears started dwelling up my tears.

"I'll explain instead" she spoke up. "I'm Maggie Yap and I'm sorry for making you think of that but you were mistaken. Jackson and I are relatives... specifically, I'm his aunt and he is my nephew"

"M--Mwo?! You---aunt-nephew?" I was astonished.

"Yes. I was only 6 years old when Jackson was born that is why I don't look like an aunt when I'm with him. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I'm glad to see you, finally, ______" she got my hand and shook it then she pulled me for a hug. "Trust Jackson... he's a faithful kid. Never doubt him, okay?" she pulled away and winked at me. "Anyway, I'll leave you both" she told us both and all I could do is bow as she walks out of the cafe.

Silence engulfed us both for a while but he soon breaks the ice. "So"

"I---uhm---I'm sorry... I---I d--don't know" I stuttered. He held my shoulders, smiling broadly. "What's with your smile?"

He chuckled a bit and pulled me to embrace his arms around me tightly. "You aren't agreeing to be my girlfriend yet but then here you are getting jealous and all"

I punched his back lightly then I run these to hug him back. "Well... I'm agreeing now to be yours so I can get jealous anytime"

He leaned away, "I won't make you jealous because I am faithful to you. Just never lose faith on me like what noona told you" he kissed my temple, sniffing my hair's scent. "But of course, it'll be cuter if I'd get to witness the jealous you at times"

I smiled, "I will be brave enough for you"

"I love you _____" and he stared at my lips for a while then back to my eyes. I smiled, giving him the permission. "Forever" his breath brushes on my lips and he finally kisses me, the first kiss I've given and received.

. . .

Happy birthday to me!! Can my friends send me virtual hugs? Hehe... I won't do complain anymore mianhae.

I actually got this idea because of my classmate, who told me I am a girlfriend to be scared for not because I'm a monster but for I might do something reckless if I won't able to get the guy I want. He actually made me think about the what ifs. Gooosssh... I apparently know that I'm not yet ready for love. Well... I'm ready if the guy is one of the boys or probably Yugyeom oppa! Yehet!