63. Youngjae <Christmas Special>

Late too... So sorry. I was really planning to update this along with the #62 imagine but can't. I hope I can find a better connection soon to accomplish all your requests. Again, I'm so sorry.

. . .

Scenes from yesterday kept on replaying in your mind. A scene where Youngjae, your everything, was kissing another girl. Despite giving him all that you can, you still aren't enough for him.

"That jerk" Bambam, your younger brother, clenches his fist in anger. "I'm going to bit every bone and limb he has"

You shook your head, after all he is that guy that you loved. "No... don't"

"Why?! He hurt you! I promised you before noona that I'll protect you no matter" he says being this protective brother he is.

++

"Eomma" Youngjae went home crying and hugged his mother instantly. "I did it... we finally broke up"

His mom sighs and shows a faint smile, "Very good"

"Eomma... wae? Why do I feel like my heart has a big hole? It hurts so much" he clutches on his chest while leaning his head on his mom's shoulder.

She hushes him, "It's because you love her so much"

Youngjae soon lost his consciousness, limping, and his mom immediately calls for a help. "Jaebum!! Help!" she calls her older son in her panicky voice.

++

"_______" some unfamiliar voice calls for you from behind.

You turned around to see her... she was the same girl, he kissed few days ago. "Neo... why are you here? What do---"

"Please... please calm down" she cuts you off. "Come with me" she held your hand but you reflexively take it back. "I---I need to tell you something"

"Why don't you just tell me here?" you said in your annoyed tone.

She presses her lips, "Youngjae"

"Why... w---what about Youngjae?" your voice is shaky, you can't help but worry about him.

"Youngjae's in the hospital... he needs you"

And by that the two of you ride to the hospital, where Youngjae is confined, "Eommonim... what is wrong with him?"

You can figure out that his mom has been crying, "He has been hiding the truth from you... the reason why he can't be with you anytime is because of he is---"

"You're taking too long, eomma" Jaebum interrupts. "My brother is suffering from Hepatitis C. He needs a liver donor"

"He wanted to give you this" his mom hand you a piece of paper.

Dear ______,

I want to say sorry for not being a good boyfriend to you... that you have to be with a person who is soon-to-die. I just thought, I could live normally like every guys in my age... being in a relationship, being with someone you love, to feel that feeling of loving and to show that to the person you love; and being loved. And I thank you for making me feel that way and for giving me chance to do such. But still I think that wasn't enough, the Youngjae of yours isn't enough, because I am dying. But despite all of this hinder, I want to tell you... you will always be the perfect match made for me. I love you so much _______... never forget that.

Youngjae oppa

You didn't notice you are crying until it drops on the paper, staining the letter he has made for you.

"Eommonim" you call, wiping your tears away with you bare finger. "Does anyone of you match with him?"

She shook her head. They say the best donor would be Youngjae's sibling but Jaebum is the son of their mom's first marriage.

"I want to have a test"

++

"She had a test and the two of you matched" his mom told him. "She wants to be your donor"

"What?" Youngjae barely whispers. "No... I won't let her"

A knock was made on the door. You went and you flashed a smile to him. "Oppa... neo gwaenchana?"

Instead of getting angry, your soft voice soothes him especially your touch. "Get well soon, alda? You still have your promise... of us riding on the extreme rides Lotte World provides, right? We would go hike together" you say while trying to keep your tears in you.

Knowing your tears would soon fall, you leaned down to hug him plainly. "Uljima... don't waste your tears on someone unworthy like me"

You pulled away, staring at him. He was pale and you could really conclude he really is ill. You smiled, "Who told you, you're unworthy? You are more than that oppa... don't say such things"

++

You and Youngjae are now lying on the hospital bed for the operation that would soon take place. "Later... there would be two of you in me" he mumbles that made you puzzle.

"The liver... and what's the other one?"

He grins, "Your heart" you rolled your eyes at his cheeziness.

"Sorry to burst your lovely bubble, but just continue your cheeziness session after you both wake up from the operation, okay?" his mom softly told you both.

"I love you" he mouthed.

You smiled and mouthed in responce, "I love you too"

++

//Months later//

You pulled Youngjae with you towards the Gyro drop. "Let's ride that one oppa!"

"You are such a brave girl, aren't you" he said and looked up. "And that seems scaaaarrrryyy"

"That is why we should go ride that one!" you jump in delight.

He takes a deep breath, "Geurae! We'll do that together!!!" he bravely says and gets your hand in his.

After that terrifying ride, Youngjae and you settled on eating an ice cream. "Be careful" he told you and you frowned.

"To what?"

"You might choke yourself again like before" he reasoned out and you just bobbed your head up and down at it.

He smiles, knowing that you bought that stupid reason. And soon you tasted a metallic thing at the end of your ice cream cone, you furrowed your brows. "What's---ring?" you widened your eyes as soon as you realized what is it.

He got the ring from you, "I want to tell you my wish this Christmas so listen well, arachi?" you just nod your head in obedience. "The two wishes are along with this ring. First is that... this will be wore by the person I have chosen to be the lady in the resy of my life. Second and last is that... she also chooses me to be his man in the rest of her life... So I am asking you, will you marry me?"

You blush and nod as an answer, "Yes"

He slides the ring in your finger, "You're mine... no back outs" he warned you.

You nodded continuously, "Of course"