47. Mark

I was planning on updating the pending requests on Yugyeom's birthday but my hands can't help but update it today. YAY~! Okay, I'm being too excited. Well, it's his birthday! My gigantic bias is turning 17.

Alright, here is the update that is Angel Eyes inspired (I super duper like it). Imagine Mark as a *fake cough* hot firefighter, anyway... Enjoy~!

#6DaystogobeforeYugyeom'sday

. . .

"Salute!" he says, saluting in front of his mother and so she does. "How do I look, mom?"

She smiled lovingly, "You look manly, son"

He frowned, "Am I not manly when I'm wearing casual clothes?"

"Of course not, I mean of... every guy who'll wear uniforms would look manly" she said while dusting of the nonexistent dirt from his uniform. "Anyway, you'll be late for duty"

"Don't I have food to bring mom?" he asks, pouting.

She ruffled his fringe a little, "Ask food from your uncle! Gooo"

"Mark Tuan, reporting for duty sir" he said, saluting to all his co-workers and to his uncle, the head fire department, who just came with hamburgers on tray.

"Ooooh~! Abeonim! Kamsahabnida" he was get one when the siren noises.

"Have a duty to do, now go! Go!" he commanded and they all rushed to the place.

The fire was already big when they came and all was in panic but the firemen, who kept on telling everyone to calm down.

Mark and his group were assigned to check any person in the building while the others are trying to put off the fire.

Mark rescued a child out of danger but he kept on crying, "Noona!" when it was said that he is the last person to rescue.

"Noona! Ajusshi... get noona out from that fire, please. My noona" he kept on crying to Mark while refusing the oxygen mask the paramedic was offering.

"Okay, kid. I'll go find your noona just put the mask on" he said and dashed inside the building.

"MAAARRRRKKK!" the rest of the firemen screamed but he doesn't care.

He needs to keep his promise to that child.

'Aisssh... how can I even get her from here easily when I don't know where exactly she is?'

By then he saw and limp hand from the corner of a room, he instantly went to the person.

"Shit! She's bleeding" he cursed and checked her pulse. "Hey, miss wake up" he tried to wake her up but failed.

He got his walkie-talkie, "Sunbae... need help here. Room 027"

++

You wake up in a white room and held your wrist up to your face. 'Even in suicide, I'm still a failure'

You cried to yourself thinking about your fiancé that died because of you.

Mark went into your room without being welcomed with a bouquet of flowers, "The kid wants me to deliver this" he said, putting the flowers on your bedside table. "I'm leaving"

You immediately wipe off the tears before speaking, "You are the one who got me from there, right?" you asked and voice cracking, guessing from his voice.

He stopped his pace and turned to face you, "Yes. But I don't think you are thankful though since you have planned on dying anyway"

"Then why did you rescue me?"