136. Yugyeom

Today's a rest day for all IGOT7s! Coz the real deal is about to come tomorrow and the following days... 

GOT7 is live tomorrow on V App 9PM KST. Let's watch altogether and stream for HARD CARRY MV as soon as it's released! All songs for FLIGHT LOG: TURBULENCE are a must hear!

. . .

The child kept on wailing, arms flailing uncontrollably, while two persons in their neat white uniforms tried to console her. "No, I don't want that!" She squeaked, shifting away from the syringe one was holding.

"Jiyeon-ah," someone called, wearing his white lab coat over his medical blue uniform, his stethoscope hanging the crook of his neck, a medical pad on his hand. He smiled widely at the child as she beamed upon seeing him.

"Doctor Kim," the nurse holding the syringe bowed apologetically, knowing Jiyeon has to get injected after a dog bit her.

Kim Yugyeom is an attending pediatrician and is the youngest doctor in Seoul National University Hospital. People around the hospital especially kids love him very much since he usually play with them during break time or try to calm them. He's a very friendly-natured doctor.

He nodded once, patting the nurse' shoulder as he got the syringe from his grasp. "It'll just sting a bit, Jiyeon-ah." The little kid looked at him and he smiled down at her, continuing his sentence, distracting her to get her injected with the medicine, "After this, I promise to get you ice cream, you like that?"

She gasped, brows furrowed, as tears filled her eyes, feeling the needle underneath her epidermis. But she tried to curve her lips into a smile, being brave as she could.

As soon as it was finished, "Good," Yugyeom chanted, fishing out something from his coat's pocket, "Here, as what I promised!" Holding out a Popsicle ice cream, he knew today is her last visit for vaccine.

.

Feeling an elbow nudged his side, he turned to his friend Jackson, a close senior friend who is an OB/GYN and who also works as a part-time university professor in the morning. It was rare to find a male doctor of this field but Jackson rather sees the deeper meaning of this job, the everyday chance to see a miracle of life. And Yugyeom feels that way also.

He made a playful grin, "She's here."

He looked over their shoulders and saw you waiting at the usual table you get whenever you join him in for lunch. You waved at him, mouthing him to hurry up.

"You should get her her favorite," Jackson suggested, nudging him to get the mixed cold noodles you like best.

He frowned, "_____ doesn't eat noodles, hyung," getting a few more of your favorite kimchi stew.

"Nope," he replied with the emphasized 'p' pop sound. "She likes it very much," he got a spoonful of it and placed it on one side of his compartment plate.

Yugyeom scoffed, hissing, "Whatever you say, hyung," he said, handing his payment to the cashier.

"_____-ah, how's your writing going?" Jackson beamed at you, placing his compartment plate on the table as he moved the plastic chair with his feet near you.

Yugyeom, on the other hand, silently settled down across you, narrowing his eyes at his ever-so-friendly friend who seems flirting but not.

"Writer's block sucks big time," you said, almost ranting. Then you flashed a smile at Yugyeom before frowning at the awful smell, covering your nose with your hands, asking, "What the hell is that!"

"What?" Yugyeom asked, confused of your sudden behavior.

Your eyes landed at the stew; you swear under your breath at its smell, feeling your stomach churn. "Take that away," you pointed at it.