76. Jinyoung

You stared at his back, unconsciously dropping your umbrella, as your tears flowed down your cheeks like the raindrops do on you. Your knees are wobbly and you fell on the wet ground, staining the dress he had given you as an anniversary gift.

It hurts so much; he ended your relationship on the same day it started two years ago. He just dumped those years you are together, those years full of love and lovely memories.

You had been an understanding girlfriend all those years, waiting for him for who-knows-how-long at nights in his dorm next to yours because he had to train for being a celebrity is his dream. How could he just let a girl go like you simply?

You walked towards the counter and put the three bottles of liquors, paying for it. "You don't seem well, miss" the cashier says, noticing your pale lips.

"Gwaenchanayo" you weakly say and smile. "Kamsahabnida" and got the plastic with your bought liquors in it.

++

"Don't be too late, arasseo?" Jinyoung says over the phone, commanding his little sister.

She whimpered lowly, "But it's our acquaintance ball, oppa... the teachers are here to watch over us all"

"Still... your curfew is up until 12AM only" he gets in the bus and finds an available seat.

"But I'm not Cinderella!"

He snorted, "Alright but before 2AM, you should be home already" he hung up and looked at you. "Excuse me, miss... could I sit beside you?" he asked politely and hummed softly and shortly, and so he sat beside you.

'She smells alcohol' he thought. After a while, he got uneasy seeing your head falling, finding a place to lean on, and it landed hardly on the windowpane. He chuckled lowly when you grunted, holding your stingy head.

Again, your head does the same. And by this time, your head found a comfortable spot. On his shoulder. "Oppa... please, you can't do this to me" you mumbled, crying.

He frowns, "Love problems eh? That must be the reason why you smell like it" he concludes, patting your cheek gently until he realized something. "Wait... you're burning!" he exclaimed, sitting you up as he was holding both your shoulder blades. "Hey, miss---were you rained on?"

Your tears flow down again, shivering. "Kajima" you said in between your sobs.

"Eotteokhae?" he murmurs to himself. "You're burning and the hospital is almost an hour from here" he takes his coat off from him and wears it on you.

++

You wake up in an unfamiliar color of a room, far from your ocean-like room. You sit up, holding your spinning head. "Ugh... where am I?" You looked around slowly; the room seems like owned by a guy, since toy collectibles are arranged in the glass apartment.

The door of the room opens, revealing an anonymous guy with a tray in hands. He looks angelic but that doesn't change the fact that he is a stranger. "Good morning" he greeted and placed the tray on the bedside table. "How are you feeling right now?"

"I'm fine?"

He held your forehead, checking your temperature. "Seems like you aren't yet" he got the bowl of chicken soup. "You have to eat so you'll gain back your healthy state" he blew on the spoonful of soup.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" You finally asked him and looked down at yourself. "Wait... why am I on a shirt?! Did you?!!!" you screamed.

"Sorry for not introducing earlier" he sets down the bowl on his lap to reach a hand for a shake, "I'm Park Jinyoung. You?" but you just stared at his hand. He cleared his throat, "I--I'm kind of change you in that. You were soaking wet when I met you in the bus. My sister is going home by 2 in the morning and I can't afford to see and let you wet in your dress, so I changed you on my own. Please don't think, I've taken you for granted when you're sleeping and ill"

You nodded understandingly, "Th--Thanks"

Soon you finished eating with him feeding you since he insisted too. "Here's your medicine" he hand-feeds you, lightly touching your lips, and hands the glass of water. Little did you know, he blushed by the act of touching your soft baby pink lips.

"Thanks, Jinyoung-ah" you smiled warmly at him and his face warmed up. "_______... ______ is my name" you finally said your name, since he gained your trust.

He shows his eye smile, "It's nice to meet you... I'll just get this down, and be back" he gets the tray and goes down.

You are currently walking down the hallway. Then you met a young girl in her middle school year, "Oh, annyeonghaseyo" you bowed a little.

"Annyeong" she said, bowing, and suddenly got a flick on her forehead from her him. "Oppa! That hurt" she cried.

"Speak formally, little brat" he turns to you, "I'm sorry, she randomly speaks to anyone"

"It's okay, I don't mind really" you say, pulling the left sleeve of the shirt that reveals a bit of your skin.

"Ah... Minyoung-ah, can you let her borrow one of your clothes?" Jinyoung asks her.

She smiles, nodding. "Of course!" she goes towards you, "Kaja eonni" and drags you to her room.

"Here eonni" she gave you a blue long sleeve with a Stitch design and a black skirt after several minutes of finding clothes to pair up for you.

You went down the stairs, wearing Minyoung's long sleeves and skirt. "Don't you feel sick anymore?" Jinyoung said, palming your forehead. He sighed, "Glad your fever subsides"

"Do you need help with something?" you asked as you followed him in the kitchen.

"No thanks... I can manage" he puts the butter on the pan.

You sat on the counter, "Your house is very nice... are you and Minyoung the only ones living here?"

"Nope. Eomma and appa usually went home every three months. By the way, won't your parents get worried?"

You shook your head, "They're in Busan. I'm living next door of my---"

"I get it... do you want to go home then?" he asks while putting the meat on the pan.

++

You see him in the hallway and you stiffen. "Yea~ I love you too" he said over the phone. A pang of pain shot your heart, hearing him say those three simple but very meaningful words to another girl instead of you.

Jinyoung observes you and concludes that he is the guy. He holds you hand, squeezing it lightly, and smiles.

"Can't you just move in with me?" he asks, pouting cutely, when you both reach your door. You frown at what he is doing.

"Baby?" he calls out still used on calling you in his endearment.

"Oh, hi. Mark" you deadpans. "Let me remind you, I ain't your baby"

Jinyoung frowns at him, "Why are you calling my girlfriend, Baby?"

"You got a boyfriend easily? After we just broke up yesterday?"

You snort, "And so? The hell you care?" you turn to Jinyoung. "Help me in packing? I'm moving in with you"

"Omo, jinjja?" he bounces excitedly.

"Aigoo... how come I got a child boyfriend?" you mumbled and went inside your dorm, closing the door on his face.

Jinyoung puts all your suitcases in his car and drives, "Can't we pretend?"

"Huh?" you asked, confused of what he is saying.

"Can I really be your boyfriend?" he shifts his attention to you for a while then back on the way. "I know you just broke up with him. But I promise, I can help you mend your heart; if you can give us a shot"

. . . 

Would you give him a shot?