chapter 39

*Cams p.o.v*

We arrived at the hospital. First thing i could see as we entered, was Matt. For some reason he stood out. His hair was messy, it looked clean but it was obvious he has combed it this morning. He had semi dark circles under his eyes. He was wearing Nike sweatpants and a grizzly tee. He seemed mentally meet up. I felt bad for the poor guy, hopefully this will blow over soon.

Nash, Matt and I decided to pick up pizza and then head back to Nash's house. When we entered I yelled that we got pizza and Mads and Hayes came down. The entire time Hayes gave me dirty looks. I kinda just shrugged it off because it was Hayes and he gets mad for no reason sometimes. After we finished pizza we all kinda sat down and joked around.

It was a little past noon and all of us were watching a movie and play Clue the board game when someone knocked on the door. Madelyn went to check who it was. Moment later I heard her sqeul. So I got up to check who it was. I found her and Shawn. "Shawny boy!" I yelled. "What's up man?" I added giving him a bro hug. "Well the tour is over and all I have now to do is interviews and stuff like that." Nash, Matt and Hayes cane in and hugged Shawn. "That's great man. I'm glad you're back." Nash said. "Oh even though I was on the other side of the US. I still heard about 'The Outfield'." Uh oh. I thought. I didn't tell Mads yet cause I wanted it to be a surprise. All she knows is its a project I'm working on with Nash. "What's that?" I gave Shawn the 'do not tell her' look and he nodded. "Oh you didn't heard about it?" I started to get nervous. "It's just this program one of our managers wants us to do. It's just to help out, ya know?" He said casually. Nice save, Shawny boy. "Yeah but we don't know enough to start it yet. How about we go out on the town since shawn is back?" Everyone agreed but Matt. "Nah I think I'm just gonna go home. Thank for the offer." He said as he left.

We all got around ready and got into the car. "Dude we gotta cheer him up. He looks so tired and sad and he needs someone or something." Hayes said. "Definitely not someone. Not right now at least." Nash said. "How about a cute little puppy?" We all laughed. "No I'm serious. It would keep him company and make him happy. A puppy makes everyone happy." We all agreed. "But what if he doesn't want it?" Shawn said. "Well then Cam and I will keep it." She said with a dumb grin spread across ed her face. "Think again, princess." She groaned. "So off to the pet store?"

"OH NY GOSH IT'S SO PERFECT!" Madelyn yelled in the car. "Aren't you?" She said a little lower in a baby voice. "Off to Matt's house?" Everyone answered in 'yep' or 'yes'. "Do you think he'll like it?" Shawn asked. "Definitely, who wouldn't like this little snowball?" We all laughed at Madelyn's comment.

About 45 minutes later we arrived at Matt's house. We knocked on the door. Hiding the puppy behind Hayes. "Guys I told you I want to-" he stopped his sentence as soon as he saw the dog. "Why do you guys have a dog?" He asked confused. "The question you should be asking is who is the dog for?" After a couple seconds he figured it out. "Guys I really don't need-" Madelyn put the dog to his face and the little puppy licked him face. A tone of 'awe' were let out. "Is this really for me?" We all nodded. "And you guys bought this?" We all nodded again. "Why?" He asked holding the puppy. "We wanted to see that smile of yours again and nothing can make you happier than a puppy that looks like a little snowball." Madelyn said. "Thanks guys it means a lot." He smiled. "There's that smile." Mads said. "What are you gonna name him?" Hayes spoke up. "What about snowball?" He said and Mads eyes lit up. "Really?" She said. "No" we all broke out into laugher.

After a long day Mads and I went home. Shawn came with us because we wouldn't let him crash in a hotel. "Wait. Where is shawn gonna sleep?" I spoke up. "Don't you have a guest bedroom?" We nodded. "But my Madre is still here. It's been like 3 weeks. But I'm pretty sure she is leaving soon." I frowned. "You can take our bedroom, we will sleep on the couch." But there's one problem with that. "Mads only one can fit on the couch." She sighed. "Shawn and you can take the bed and I'll sleep downstairs." I said feeling uneasy about someone else sleeping near my Madelyn. "Cam I dont know about that. How about-" I cut her off. "Don't worry about it baby, I trust both of you." I said kissing her forehead. "Goodnight." She said hugging around my waist. I gave her one final kiss before we split ways. This is gonna be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~
Comment, vote and follow me if you want. If I get 20+ votes I'll update tomorrow. But I have to warn you, Basketball season starts tomorrow so Idk how many updates I'll be able to do but I'll try my best