Chapter 10

Clari was confused the whole day about the sweet talk Diego gave her earlier, even when Channon went to visit her, to tell her that her friend is here.

- My friend? Who? - Clari asked, confused.

- Gosh, I forgot what his name was... - Channon groaned - Anthony! Yes!

Clari jumped up.

- He's here??

- Yes! He was talking to Diego just now when I got here! He's probably gonna ask for you!

- Jeez! What?! Uh...

Then a second later the door opened and Diego peeked in...

- One of your old partner is here for you. Do you want to get him?

- Ah... Yes! Just uh... Give me... 10 minutes.

- Are you sure?

- Yes!

Diego nodded and left.

- What the heck?! Is he actually worried?? - asked Channon.

- I don't know... But let me get ready! - Clari snapped jokingly and soon she could get ready alone.

----- TIME SKIP -----

10 minutes later Anthony walked into Clari's room, greeting her with a tight hug.

- Ahh jesus! - she laughed.

- Sorry - he smiled as he let go of her - I just missed you... Honestly.

- Uhh... Me too...

- Really?

- Yes!

- Well, that's good to hear - he smiled as he gave her a quick kiss on the hand - By the way Diego didn't even want to let me to you for some reason.

- Really?

- Yeah. I don't know what's up with that though.

Clari was now extremely confused as she had no idea what was up with Diego, but she was curious.

She was curious why was he protecting her so bad today...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Clari and Anthony spent long hours together, but once again nothing serious has happened between them, but had a great time.

After he left Clari decided to find Diego, whom he found quite quick as he was sitting outside at the pool, seeming to be deep in thoughts.

- Diego... - she mumbled when she arrived to his side.

- Hey... - he replied as he looked up at her - Did he left?

- Yes... And now... Can we talk?

- What is it?

- Why are you trying to protect me so badly?

This might wasn't the best way Clari could do this, but she wanted to know.

- I'm running a business here - he started - And by business I mean I'm not letting any of my workers to feel awful, or get hurt.

- You still got me here against my will...

- But you didn't try to escape - he said, looking at her now - Which I appreciate... Because even if you'd try I wouldn't let you do that.

Clari was silent.

- You know... We're pretty similar in some ways - he continued, taking a hold of her hand - I don't know why... But I feel like I need to protect you... But don't tell this to anyone, okay?

Clari was extremely confused, but she nodded anyway.

- I only let that Anthony guy to you because you seem to like him, although I really don't... - he continued, putting his hand on her tigh - Although I'm the one... That really want you have you...

- Y-You said you're not... Doing this with the girls you're giving job to.. - she gasped as he was touching her way too much.

- I might take an exception...

Suddenly Clari jumped up and quickly walked back inside and as she thought he'd get mad he didn't.

He felt rather confused...