Chapter 20

That night everything was silent as Diego decided to close the brothel for the day so no clients, no parties, nothing has been happening.

Clari was laying in her bed, staring at the ceiling while thinking.

She didn't know herself that she was so deep in thoughts, only when the next thing she realized was Diego leaning above her, staring at her for the hell knows how long.

- Jesus! - she gasped in shock.

- Finally - he smirked as he leaned away from her, letting her sit up - You've awoken from your daydream... Or nightdream? Or we...

- Don't even continue! - she groaned - Why are you here? Did Anthony come back?

- No...

- Then what is it?

- You were cut off when my father interrupted us - Diego started - What did you want to ask?

- Did you really come here because of that?

- Yes.

- Why?

- Because... Because I'm curious. Now tell me!

Clari sighed.

- I just... I wanted to ask about why are you being so protective over me...

Diego smiled then caressed her cheek softly.

He felt extremely attached to her, but he didn't want to tell her about it.

So instead...

- I just can see you're not into what is really happening here... You shouldn't even be here...

- Then why did you take me here?

- I didn't take you here. My father chooses the girls to take here. All I'm doing is to obey in most of the things he's telling me to do.

- Most?

- Yes...

- I see...

- I shouldn't be protecting any of the girls the way I'm protecting you, but I'm doing it anyway. This is another thing that he wouldn't appreciate at all.

Now Clari kept silent.

- You'd have gotten atleast 20 clients to be with, but you didn't... If not more.

- What?!

- You heard me.

- And are you...

- Yes. I kept on changing people's mind to not want to choose you.

- Why... You really...

- Don't ask why... I've told you already - he mumbled.

- Okay, but do you have any other reason to protect me than me not good enough here?

- I have... But that's something I can't talk about - he said as he stood up - But anyway... Have a great night.

And with that he walked out.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Soon Paris was attacked and all the planes weren't allowed to leave any cities and countries, including Italy either.

This meant Selvaggia couldn't get back...

- Goddamnit... - Diego groaned.

- I'm sorry, Diego - she sighed in the phone - I'll try to come back as soon as planes can leave again, but until then I need to stay here.

- I know, I know... I just miss you so much...

- I miss you too...

- Be safe...

After the phone call Diego just sighed deeply as he had nothing more to do.

He felt sad and useless right now without Selvaggia...