Chapter 49

A few days later the cops indeed came to Diego's house to talk to them about his father and brother being arrested and if they knew anything about their business.

- Nope. Can't recall anything - Diego said casually.

While the conversation was going Clari and Violetta were in the dining room, having history lesson, but Clari wasn't paying too much attention as she was also trying to listen to what Diego says to the cops.

As they were busy a man came to the dining room, seem to be also a cop.

- Excuse me - he said to Clari - Can we talk?

- Yes, of course! But quickly... Because we need to finish history! - Clari replied while Violetta frowned which showed the cop they were indeed learning that.

The cop took Clari to the kitchen to talk.

He asked the same questions from her too and she replied pretty much the same way as Diego did, making sure to do her best to not to be suspicious.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Once when the cops left Selvaggia sighed...

- I just hope they were end up in prison forever... - she mumbled - I don't want to see Romeo ever again...

- Did he ever hurt you? - Diego asked.

- What does it matter?

- It does matter! If he hurted you....

- No, he didn't! - she cut him off - Not that way atleast... But it doesn't matter anymore... I know what kind of person he is... And I'm not gonna get anywhere near him anymore.

Diego sighed then hugged her.

- I'm sorry... I haven't seen the problem before...

- It's okay... - she sighed as she returned - I'm fine now... And I'll be even more fine when he'll be locked down for good.

- He will... All the papers had his name and my father's name. They won't get away with this... And soon we'll have a more peaceful life.

- But...

- Hm?

- Diego... Would you be mad at me if I'd go out with Luca?

- Eh?

- You know I don't want our friendship to be ruined...

- And who said it would be ruined? - he smiled - In fact... I hope we'll be fine... As uh... You know I was cheating too and... I'm actually planning to uh... Go out with her properly...

- Well... That's fine by me as long as we won't hate on each other...

- We won't!

- Okay... Okay, good!

- Yeah...

- Okay, can we stop this awkward conversaion? - she snapped - It's getting way too awkward now!

- Okay, okay! - Diego laughed then soon they got back to work.