Chapter 55

Just as Clari thought her life is gonna be peaceful, after the police investigation closed a knock on the door changed everything.

As she was working with Vilu on learning Diego opened the front door when the knock came...

- What the hell are you doing here? - Diego groaned.

- I came to see her, you asshole!

The other male voice made Clari freeze as she recognized it immediately.

She quickly decided to send Vilu to her room for something while she went to see Diego and Anthony arguing at the door.

- Clari! Finally! - Anthony snapped - I was so worried, damnit!

- I'm sorry...

- Okay. Now that you told her this can you leave? - Diego hissed.

- No. Not until she explains this to me - Anthony replied while he looked at Clari, waiting for an explanation.

- You little...

- Diego! - Clari cut him off - Let me talk to him... Please...

Diego looked at her for a while, but then  he had to realize she needs to talk to Anthony so he let them talk in the living room.

As soon as the two were left alone Anthony's expression turned from being mad to less mad and more happy.

- Clari, I was so worried about you... - he sighed - Why didn't you tell me about this? And what the hell are you even doing in Diego's house?

- This is... A long story...

- Well, I have time so start speaking - he said, now coldly.

Clari saw she has no other chance, but to tell him everything as she really did like him and didn't want to just send him away.

----- TIME SKIP -----

As she finished talking...

- So in short he's trying to get away with all he did, huh? - Anthony groaned.

- Yes, but because of his family! - Clari replied - Anthony, please...

- You still didn't answer one question... - he cut her off - What are you doing in his house? Is he keeping you here?

- No...

- Is he making you do...

- NO! - she now shouted - No... I'm here because I want to be here...

- What? Why would you...

- Okay, I think you heard everything!

It was Diego, who interrupted as he walked back and stood between Clari and Anthony.

- No, we didn't finish - Anthony groaned.

- Yes, you did. Now leave!

- You asshole, I didn't finish and if I were you I wouldn't do this!

- No, huh?! - he hissed - Get the hell out of my house!

- Diego... - Clari tried to interrupt, but none of the men there payed any attention to her.

- Fine! I'll leave, but don't think you can get away with this! - said Anthony as he stormed out of the house, in anger.