Chapter 52

The next day Selvaggia decided to finally give in to Luca's begging and say yes to his question about a date.

- But you know we...

- I know, I know! - Luca said - You're still dealing with the cops and they need to see you and Diego together, I get it! But I still want to go out with you... Even if we need to look like best friends in publish...

- Well... We are, aren't we?

- Yes, uh...

- That's only the matter of time if we'll be more than that - Selvaggia smiled which gave Luca a little hope in having an actual chance with her.

But what he didn't know was the fact that Selvaggia also wanted more from him.

In fact she always liked him way more than a best friend, but back then she was more in love with Diego.

It's a complicated story, but now she wanted to make him happy and not leaving him anymore like she did before...

- Well... It's not just the matter of time, my dear - he said as he took her hand into his gently - It's also the matter of me good enough to you, isn't it?

- Well... It kinda is - she giggled - But you're already good enough... I can tell you that...

- That's good to hear - he smiled.

The two were literally staring at each other for 3 minutes in silence, before Selvaggia broke the eye contact as they continued talking.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later Luca took Selvaggia home and when they arrived Diego was also home.

- Can we talk for a moment? - Diego asked from him - Alone.

Selvaggia looked suspiciously at Diego then at Luca, but he just smiled and nodded to her which made her give in and leave them be.

- So... How're you doing? - Luca asked awkwardly as ge had no idea what Diego wants to say.

- Fine, fine... But I'm really curious about something....

- And what?

- Are you really determined to make her happy?

- Hm? You mean Selvaggia?

- Yes - he nodded - You do know she has been a really important part of my life for 20 years now...

- Yes, I know...

- And even if we're not together anymore she's still... Important to me... And I don't want to see her getting hurt, alright?

- I've never ever tried to hurt her - Luca said on a serious tone - You know me well and know that I love her... More than anyone. I would never ever hurt her... But would make her happy.

Diego kept silent for a little while then just smiled.

- Alright... Good luck then! - he then said.

- Do you really...

- Yes. So stop asking and make her happy!

- Understood!