Chapter 56

- What the hell, Diego?! - Clari snapped in anger too - Why did you interrupt?! And most importantly why the fuck did you just send him away like that?!

- He has nothing to do in my house - Diego hissed back.

- And what if he tells the police that you were working in the brothel too?! In fact you were the boss there, for fuck sake! What if he tells the...

- He has no proof of that!

- And what if he does?!

Diego grew silent.

At this point he was slowly realizing what Clari was trying to tell him.

- You idiot! - Clari continued groaning as she tried to figure out what to do.

- He doesn't have the guts to do it. He knows I have a family and...

- He was in love with me! - Clari mumbled - And love can make people do stupid things...

Diego sighed while Clari stormed off too.

When she left Selvaggia came home, looking confused about how fast Clari ran away right beside her.

- What the hell happened? - she asked.

- Anthony was here - Diego replied - He was threatening me...

- Threatening you? That guy? I somehow doubt this happened...

- Oh really?! Now you're doubting me too!?

- Calm down, you dumbass! - she hissed - You said something that pissed both him and Clara off as usual... Am I right?!

He didn't say anything.

- So I'm right.

- And if yes?!

- What did he say?

- He threatened me to tell everything to the police.

- You fucking idiot...

- He has no fucking proof of that I was working there too! He can get in trouble as well as I can so he won't do it!

- And what if he will? You should think about that first! Because if you get in prison then I'm not gonna explain to Vilu why are you there, but you will! Keep that in mind!

- You do realize you have been working there too, right?

- Right, but you do realize you told me to never sign anything so in any case if we get caught I won't be in this, right?

- Oh, fucking hell..

- By the way thank you for thinking about getting me into prison too - Selvaggia groaned in a disappointed way - I thought you atleast still love me that much to protect me from that, but I was wrong...

She didn't plan to talk to him any more than that as she turned around to leave, but Diego stopped her by grabbing her arm and pulling her back right in front of him.

- You know I didn't mean that way... - he sighed while looked into her eyes - I'm just...

- Just stop trying to find excuses for your own shit... - she sighed and hugged him - You know I love you, you fucking idiot... Me and Vilu need you...

- I love you too... And you know I'd take everything on me without thinking...

She just sighed deeply as she didn't know what else to do, or say...