Chapter 41

Clari was shocked after Selvaggia threatening her with Diego that she was still frozen at the wall, just standing there.

She was still standing there when Channon visited her to her room...

- What?! She threatened you?! - Channon snapped - Why? What did you do?!

- I uh.... I didn't even do anything!

- Are you sure?!

- All that happened way Diego protecting me and this is what made her upset!

- Ah... Now I understand...

- Understand what?!

- She's a jealous type, even after 15 years... But it's understandable.

- Yeah, but...

- Just keep your distance from Diego and everything will be fine.

- But Channon... How am I supposed to keep my distance from someone I... Someone I...

- Did you fall in love with him? - Channon gasped.

- Uhh...

She just nodded awkwardly.

- Jesus Christ! Then this is why she's so negative towards you!

- I can't help on this! He's just way too nice and I just... Can't not to feel like this... I... I'm sorry... I don't know what to do...

- What about Anthony?

- He tried to get me out of here, but it's never gonna work! I'm fucking stuck here and are you surprised I'm falling in love with the fucking sexy ass boss?!

- No... I don't blame you, nor am I surprised... But if I were you I'd be more careful... Things have already happened here and I don't want the same things to happen to you too...

She sighed deeply.

She didn't know what to do as she knew she fell in love with Diego and she couldn't do anything against it.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later that day when Diego was coming back into the hotel he saw Clari near to the door, but before he could say a word Selvaggia interrupted him...

- Welcome back, handsome... Just in time! - she said.

- Just in time? To what? - he asked on a confused tone.

- To finally make me happy!

- Huh? Why? Something's wrong? - he smiled as he wrapped his arms slowly around her body, pulling her closer to him.

- Just the daily things, you know...

- I'm here for you, you know... Whatever bothers you I'm here for you and to make you happier...

In the meantime he could also see Clari and how sad she looked just by watching them.

It seriously broke his heart to see, but he was attached to Selvaggia just a bit more than Clari which he couldn't change on.

- Thank you... - she sighed - But...

- But? What is it? - he looked at her in the eyes, paying full attention to her again.

- This business gives me more stress than it should... Seriously...

- Do you want to quit?

- I've been thinking about that...

Diego sighed.

- I've been thinking about that too... But we can't leave yet.

- Yet?

He winked.

- I've been working things out - he said - But we still have to wait...