Chapter 58

When Clari left the living room the two men stood in front of each other, in silent for some minutes before Diego finally spoke up...

- So... Why did you want to talk to me? - he asked - I know you have a good reason for that... Or otherwise you'd have either already killed me, or I'd be already arrested.

- Yes... I have a good reason for that - Anthony replied then pausing for a moment he continued - I want Clari to be happy... I love her so much, but I'm not good enough for her.

Diego was shocked, but he stayed silent while the other man was talking.

- She loves you... So I want you to make her happy.

- Make her happy?

- Yes - he nodded - I'll let you and her to be together, if you'll be a good boyfriend to her and won't get her into any trouble like your brothel crap was.

- I... I won't get her into any trouble! I-I promise!

- Good...

- And I'll do my best to make her the happiest girl in the world - Diego added - As she makes me the happiest man in the world.

- Good... - Anthony muttered, now smiling - I can see... That I can believe you.

Then he held his hand out.

- Thank you in advance - he added - Clari was a big part of my life changing into a better one... Better and more uhm...

He paused.

- You know what? This is not your business... Let's shake hands now and I'll let you be! - he joked and Diego happily shook his hand, with the biggest and happiest smile on his face.

When Clari got back to the room the two men seemed to get along and they even became friends.

Or maybe not.

She didn't really knew.

All she knew was that they didn't kill each other so she was happy.

- Okay! - Anthony sighed as he headed to the door - I'm gonna go now! You two have a good day, I guess! And I'll see you... Sometime later... Maybe.

- Maybe? - Clari asked.

- I'm heading to New York for work tomorrow morning and I'll be there you a long time... And by long time I mean atleast 6 months.

- I see... Well... Good luck then, I guess... - she sighed sadly.

She really did like Anthony and she was hoping to might see him soon again, but in this case they won't be able to meet.

Seeing her sadness Anthony stepped to her and kissed her hand softly.

- I'll come back, okay? Just don't be sad... - he said.

- Okay, okay... - Clari smiled a bit and after saying their final goodbyes Anthony left the house.