Chapter 22

Some days passed by when a late night Diego and Clari had a little argument:

This wasn't something any of them planned out to happen, but it happened and it happened to be about Clari being there.

- Why can't you just let me go then?! - she snapped - Why can't you just let me live my life, if I'm not good enough for your "business", goddamnit?! There's no point in me being here!

- I can't let you go! But what is it? Do you want more than one sex partners here?! - Diego snapped back angrily - I've been protecting you from those disturbing men, but if you don't need my help then that's fine!

- All I said was to let me go!

- I can't!

By now Diego was standing right in front of Clari, only inches away from her.

- I can't let you go... - he said, now much calmer while he was looking into her eyes - Because I need you here...

- What?!

Diego didn't reply.

He just kissed her softly on the lips.

Clari was so shocked by what was happening that she couldn't even do anything at all.

Not to it and not against it.

When Diego broke the kiss he sighed.

- I'm sorry. I just can't let you leave - he said - Now go back to your room.

Clari was frozen and only a few seconds later she snapped back to reality and went back to her room, still in shock.

Diego felt awful.

It wasn't enough that his girlfriend couldn't get back home, but now he even kissed another girl he should've never ever kissed at the first place.

He didn't just feel guilty about the kiss, but because he had to take care about someone else all alone while Selvaggia was away.

And that was a 15 years old girl.

His daughter in fact.

Her name's Violetta.

Weird, or not the couple had a daughter together while they were running this business that wasn't even legal.

Selvaggia falling pregnant has never been their plan, but it happened and not her, either Diego regretted it as they got a wonderful girl, who was slowly becoming famous with singing.

Diego realized he shouldn't be feeling sorry for himself, but being there for Violetta while her mother can't come back.

He felt stupid for even thinking about cheating on Selvaggia for even a second, but luckily he didn't do anything that bad.

So he was hoping everything turns out okay.

A/N: A little twist, opsie ;)