Chapter 26

Anthony talked to John later on about what he was planning, but as Diego told him the owner didn't go into it and since the business man didn't want to lose contact with Clari he decided to stay silent for now.

- Assholes... - Clari groaned.

- Yeah... But I'm not giving up yet - said Anthony - Just you don't get upset, okay? Don't get yourself into any trouble because of this...

- Selvaggia already knows that I don't want to be here and she was already threatening me... So I think I'll get in trouble anyway.

Anthony sighed.

- I'm sorry... - he said as he took a hold of her hand - You know I love you and I'd do anything to get you out of here...

- I know - she smiled - It's not your fault...

Clari felt awfully sad for making this wonderful man really sad too.

She felt like she doesn't deserve all this.

- Clari, I won't give up yet... - he smiled - I'm still thinking about ways to get you out of here... And I just hope you're still with me in this too...

- I am!

- I know you want to get out...

- But I'm not...

- I know you're not using me - he said - I know that in some ways you do love me too.

She couldn't help smiling at this, although she still felt guilty about getting him into this situation while he had a peaceful life before.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later when Anthony left Clari got another visitor which was Diego this time.

- What did he tell you?

- Eh?

- Answer me!

- What do you care??

- I just want to know, okay...?

- He didn't say anything that you need to know. Let's just say that.

- I see...

- Why aren't you let him do what he wants?

- Because this is not my thing to do! My father also told him what he asks is impossible so he had to get used to it.

Clari sighed while Diego placed his hand on her cheek.

- I'm sorry... - he said on a really soft tone that it made Clari actually feel bad for him - It's hard for me too... Harder than you'd think.

As he looked into her eyes she began to blush after a while and looked away.

- Are you blushing? - he asked with a cheeky smile - You really shouldn't.

- Then you shouldn't be making me blush at the first place!

- I'm sorry - he laughed.

- But atleast you're happier now... - Clari mumbled as she smiled a bit too.

This surprised Diego, but he didn't say anything.

All he did was to smile, gave her a kiss on the cheek then left the room.