Chapter 3: History

Zayn's P.O.V:

The bell of our first period rings and my first class is History. I hate history very much. I don't even understand a single word of it. I don't know how am I going to concentrate in this class, after what happened earlier. Just because of that nerdy best friend of Waliyha, my girlfriend isn't talking to me.

I don't understand that Nerdy's problem. She always has to make troubles everywhere she goes. I wonder how my sister tolerates her because I can't stand her even for a minute and those two have been best friends for what seems like ages. I just feel like killing her sometimes and I'm hundred percent sure, that the feelings are mutual.

There's never been a proper reason of our fights and arguments but whenever we see each other, we feel like chopping off each other's head.

I enter in my class and the class is pretty much full with students. I could only find two empty seats at the back, so I settle myself on one of them and the seat next to me is still empty. I take out my phone to message Suzanne.

To Babe:
Babe It's not my fault. Stop ignoring me. :/

I put my phone back inside my bag, as soon as I hear that the teacher arrived. But then my gaze shifts to the person standing next to him.

You've got to be kidding me!

I groan and cover my face with my book.

What is she doing here?

Don't tell me that I have to tolerate her everytime in my history class. I peek through my book and find her searching for empty seats, but she couldn't find any. Then her eyes land on the seat next to me.

Oh, shit. So I have to tolerate her next to me too.

I start banging my head with my book. Great! I'm so happy, that's the thing I have been hoping for, since morning.

Please Note the sarcasm.

She heads towards me with my face still covered with my book. Soon she settles next to me and tilts her head to face me, and next thing I hear is a loud groan.

"Seriously?" She says, groaning and looking at me. I roll my eyes and keep my book aside, turning my head to meet her gaze.

"Have to tolerate him as my best friend's brother, now I have to tolerate him in my history class too." She mutters to herself, sighing.

"Oh Nerdy, trust me, I'm so happy to see you here, sitting next to me." I say, ironically, with a sweet sarcastic smile on my face.

"Trust me, Malik. You don't know how happy I would be after slaughtering you, right now." She says in the same tone, with a same fake smile lingering on her lips. Before I can answer her, our history teachers speaks up to ruin my comeback.

"Good Morning class, I'm your history teacher, Mr.O'Brien. Let's start the class with the introductions first." Mr.O'Brien announces. Worst part of the class is to introduce yourself in front of gazallion students.

The students settled on the front row introduce themselves and now it is the turn of students sitting at the back.

"Zayn Malik and I'm a senior," I introduce myself.

"Melanie Philips and I'm a Junior,"
She introduces herself and I don't know why, but I couldn't control myself from rolling eyes at her.

From the corner of my eyes, I could notice her fiddling with her fingers continuously, as if she was about to break them any minute.

"Looks like you'll be needing new fingers." I whisper, chuckling at her.

"Mind finding me some?" She snaps.