Chapter 41: My Escape.

I'm overboard,
And I need your love to pull me up.
I can't swim on my own,
It's too much.
Feels like I'm drowning without your love,
So throw yourself out to me, my lifesaver.

Melanie's P.O.V:

"Calm down, Zayn." I say and he jerks me off, colliding his fist with the locker behind me, making Suzanne and I, both flinch. He again turns around towards Suzanne, his hands still balled into fists. The last thing I want him to do is, hurt her. No matter how cruel she is, she is a girl and was my best friend.

"I wanted to apologize you for kissing Melanie but then I get to find out that you slept behind my back with a moron. How can you do that, Suzanne Shane?!" He yells and she apologizes, erupting into loud sobs. He wanted to apologize her for kissing me? Of course yeah, she is his girlfriend and it was her right to know about the kiss but like he said, he thought it meant something to me, so it mightv'e meant something to him too, right? Waliyha's head snaps in my direction and she looks at me confusingly. Not the right time to ask about the kiss, Waliyha.

"I'm sorry, Zayn. Please forgive me, it was a mistake." She cries, begging in front of him and he flares his nostrills in anger, his fists getting tighter. I again grab his hands and turn him around to face me. I know he can slap or punch me for what I'm doing, but I know he won't do that. Like I said before, I trust him.

"Melanie, stop it!" He yells at me, but I shake my head. I cup his face with my hands and move closer to him. His eyes are burning through the locker behind me, he doesn't look at me. His breathing is extremely heavy. He is scaring me with his anger. I need to calm him before he does anything to Suzanne.

"Calm down, I'm here. Look at me, Zayn." I say and he shifts his gaze towards me. I look up at him and caress his cheeks, trying to calm him. One of my hand reaches his, and I entwine my fingers with his. He looks like he can kill anyone right now. I stare at him, caressing his cheeks, whispering for him to calm down.

"Let's go outside, yeah?" I say, our faces only inches apart. He doesn't reply to me but keeps staring in my eyes. I look away from him, removing my hand from his face and pull him with me, walking out of the hallways. He doesn't say anything but keeps on walking beside me, his hands entwined with mine. I ask him for his car keys but he still doesn't reply to me.

I don't know what I'm doing, but my hands nervously reach the pockets of his pants, taking out the keys from them and he glares at me. I apologise and pull him to the parking lot, heading towards his car. We are skipping our classes, that is something I have never done, but I don't care about it because I need to calm him.

"What are you doing?" He snaps at me and I stay quiet, opening his car door for him and settle on the driving side, while he stands outside. I tell him to get inside but he just glares at me. I repeat again and he gets in the passenger seat, giving me death glares. I start the car ignoring his comments and drive away from our school. He keeps on asking me where I'm taking him, but I don't reply to him.

"I'm not kidnapping you, just stay quiet for a while okay?" I say politely because I know it's not the right time to snap at him otherwise he will snap my neck. Just saying.

I stop the car near the spot where I used to visit three years ago. The place is still the same; beautiful lake surrounded by trees. In the silence of the wilderness you could only hear the chirping of birds. He looks at me confusingly and I tell him to get out of the car. He still doesn't listen to me and stares at me angrily, I huff and get out of the car, walking towards his side and open the door, gesturing for him to come out. He clenches his jaw in anger and continue with his death glares towards me. I move forward and hold his hand pulling him out of the car.