Chapter 29: My Boyfriend?

Melanie's P.O.V:

"When is he going to wake up?" I asked the doctor, as Zayn was still unconscious, lying on the stretcher, while I and Liam were standing by his sides.

"Miss. Phillips, he'll be fine. He might take some time to wake up. Would you guys excuse us for a while? We want to check if he broke any thing." The doctor asked us, motioning for us to leave.

"Sure, let's go Melanie." Liam said, looking at me.

"But Zayn?" I asked Liam, my eyes never leaving Zayn. I didn't feel like leaving him in this condition.

Liam sighed and placed his hands on my shoulders, comforting me.

"Doctors are here. He's gonna be fine, I promise. You trust me?" He asked me, and I nodded.

"Great, now let's go," He said, giving me a assuring smile. I sighed and left the hospital room with Liam and we sat next to each other in the lobby, waiting for the doctors to check up Zayn.

"Thank you for coming, Liam." I thanked him, fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"You don't have to thank me. You guys are my friends and I'm always there for my friends." He said, smiling and I gave him a small smile back. He placed his hand on top of my hands, stopping me from breaking my fingers.

"You're going to need these to slap Zayn. Don't break them now," he said, laughing and trying to enlighten the mood and I again just gave him a small smile.

"Hey, your Mr.Know It All is going to be fine, stop worrying now and smile," he said, smiling at me and I nodded, giving him a smile which was forced. I hope what he says is true.

"Uhh... Liam?" I called out for him after a while, and he looked at me.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone what happened tonight." He said, again smiling. How does he know about that? Am I that readable?

"How did you know that I was going to say that?" I asked him, squinting my eyes.

"I know you, you worry on each and every thing. " He chuckled and I smacked his arm playfully.

"I hope Zayn gets better," I said after a while.

"He will, now stop worrying and tell me what happened actually, why did he go to Nolan's house?" He asked me, shifting in the small seat beside me.

"Uh..."

Hesitantly I told Liam everything from the start, he said he already knew about the fight between them since Zayn is suspended but didn't know what happened after that. After explaining him everything, I saw him getting angry. Liam usually doesn't get angry but right now he seemed really angry.

"Why didn't you tell anyone about him, Melanie?"

"I told you I was scared." I muttered, looking down, ashamed.

"But this is not how it works. If I knew the real reason before, then I would've beaten him up too. You're my friend and I won't like to see you in any problems."

Only if you knew that it wasn't that easy.

"Thanks, Li." I slightly smiled at him, and he calmed down a little, sighing.

"If he tries to do something else, inform us immediately, yeah?"

"Hmmm.." I just nodded.

"Everything is fine. He's still unconscious, but will wake up soon. Nurse is dressing his wounds, you guys can go inside if you want." The doctor informed us, coming out of the room.