Chapter 10: Promise?

Dedicated to all the Lelanie Shippers. :)

Melanie's P.O.V:

"What?" He asks me.

"Nothing," I reply, holding his hand.

Holding his hand is making me feel weird. I don't know if this weird is in a bad way or... My stomach starts to take turns. It feels something really awkward. But unfortunately, I had no other choice. Holding his hand, I stand again, only to fall on my bed because the pain is unbearable and it is getting worse by every minute.

"I can't walk." I cry, shaking my head. Zayn's lips part to say something but he gets interrupted when Louis and my elder sister rush into my room.

"Melanie! What happened to you?" Samantha asks me, with a worried and concerned look on her face.

"Sprain or a twisted ankle, I guess." I say, slightly hissing, still holding onto Zayn's hand, with his fingers tightly locking our hands, sending chills down my spine.

"Oh my. It looks really bad. You want me to come to the doctor with you?" My sister asks me, but I shake my head and forbid her from telling anyone about me downstairs, and to make an excuse for our dissmissal all of a sudden.

"I can't walk." I cry again, biting my lip and clutching onto Zayn's hand tightly, when I try to step ahead but fail, and Zayn's other hand quickly finds it's on my back to stable me. His touch again makes the weird feelings in my stomach to come back, as I close my eyes for a moment, taking deep breathes.

"How about a wheel chair?" Zayn speaks up, chuckling, making me pass him a death glare.

"I'll go start the car, give me the keys." Louis says to Zayn, and Zayn passes him his car keys, and Louis leaves glancing at me for the last time, passing me a slight smile.

My sister steps forward and places one of my arm on her shoulder as Zayn does the same with my other arm, and they both help me get downstairs, and into the car. I get into the back seats, with Louis driving the car and Zayn sitting beside him on the passenger seat, glancing at me from time to time and cracking up at my condition. On the way to the hospital, my pain gets really worse and it gets really difficult for me to move it, even an inch.

The whole drive, Zayn keeps on scolding and making fun of me. I am getting really irritated and controlling myself from punching him any minute. But Louis on the other hand is caring for me a lot. He actually looks really concerned and worried for me.

▪▪▪▪

I wait for the doctor in the room, along with Louis, and Zayn waits for us, outside, as only one person is allowed inside the room with the patient and of course I prefer Louis more than Zayn.

"Hello Miss.Philips, what do we got here?" A male doctor who looks in his thirties asks me as soon as he enters the room, slowly and gradually.

"Heart attack! Can't he see the condition of your ankle? He's already really late and then he's asking what do we got here?" Louis mutters, mocking and getting annoyed, making me giggle, as I smack him on his arm.

"Louis, he just got two minutes late. Keep quiet, it's okay." I say, laughing at him, who shakes his head at me and groans.

"Yeah, but he has to hurry up. Just look at your ankle, Babe." He says, pointing at my ankle, making me give him a shy smile at the nickname. The doctor clears his throat and looks up at me for explanation, when I explain it to him.

Thank God I didn't fall, otherwise it would've been worse. But the person who saved me was Zayn, and I didn't thank him. It'll look so awkward thanking him, since all we really do is snap at each other, but I guess I'll have to thank him, the way back home.