Chapter 38: Sorry.

Melanie's P.O.V:

I close my eyes and lie on my bed, trying to sleep and forget about all the memories of tonight. A tear escapes my eyes when his words keep replaying in my head again and again. I open my eyes and wipe off my tear. I turn around, facing the wall and close my eyes still fighting my thoughts.

No matter how hard I try to forget everything, our conversation just keeps playing in my head. My eyes shot opens when I realize something. He said that he was a fool to think that it meant something to me. The kiss, he was talking about our kiss. But why did he say that? Why would he think that it meant something to me? Does he..does he- no, he can't. He has a girlfriend. Why would he have feelings for me? We always hated each other, we still do or I'm not just sure of it anymore. I don't know why his words hurt me that much, I should expect these things from him because he never liked me. Louis was right, he doesn't mean anything to me so I shouldn't care about what he says, but that's the problem, I do care.

I groan and rub my hands on my face, and pick up my phone from the side to look at the time, it says two in the midnight. He had called me many times, but I just ignored all of his calls. He can't just insult me and expect me to be all good with him. I can't believe that he is the same guy who fought with Nolan because of me.

I again turn around and close my eyes, ignoring the never ending flashbacks of tonight when I hear something. I ignore the noise and try to sleep when I hear my room's window opening. I freeze on my bed, scared of who it might be. My eyes open and I clutch my bed sheet in horror. I turn around and before I can yell, I feel a hand on my mouth stopping me from yelling. I make muffling noises under that hand and try to punch that figure in their stomach when another hand grips my hand.

"Don't yell, people are gonna think I came here to murder you." I hear a familiar voice whisper and I look up at him, in my dark room. He stands close to my bed, with his one hand on my mouth and the other, grabbing my hand. His face is only inches away from mine. The moonlight lit his beautiful hazel eyes and I can see them sparkle in my dark room. I notice that my heart is beating abnormally. I breathe heavily, because someone just broke into my room and that someone was none other than Zayn. His face is still close to mine, hands still on the place where they were, we were frozen. Just staring into each other's eyes. His other hand leaves my hand, and it moves towards my face, moving my hair away from my eyes. He moves closer to me, until his lips touch my forehead, sending me those weird feelings again. The sparks, fireworks, the butterflies all start to erupt again. He rests his forehead on mine, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me." Those words leave his mouth in a whisper. He sounds hurt. He looks guilty. His voice, his eyes, everything show that he is guilty. He scoots back from me, and begins to leave. I am confused, shocked and surprised. I lie there, staring at his figure leaving my room. His head turns around and he looks at me for the last time and begins to move towards my window, when I stop him.

"Zayn, wait!" I quickly say and get up from my bed. He slowly turns around and looks at me. I don't know what I am doing but it feels right. I quickly run towards him and wrap my arms around him. My head rests on his chest, inhaling his beautiful scent. His hands slowly reach my waist and he holds me closer to him. I feel his head resting on mine, while I stay there with my head on his chest. He tightens his grip around me and snuggles his face in my hair. There is drop dead silence in the room the only noise I can hear is hustling of the leaves outside my window due to the wind.

We stay in each other's arms, without moving. His hand moves to the back of my head and he slightly strokes my hair. It feels right. Everything, all of this, us. But I know it's not right. If I could stay like this forever, I would have. Because being in his arms, inhaling his scent, having his hands stroke my hair, is giving me the best feeling I can ever have. I still haven't figure out the reason why I get a different feeling when I am with him, which I'm sure no one can give me. But he manages to bring crazy butterflies in my stomach and make my heart race. His hand again moves from my hair to my waist, tightening his grip around me and giving me the feeling of being safe. Safe in his arms, like before.