Chapter 35: Second Thoughts.

Melanie's P.O.V:

"Whose smile?" Before I can reply to him, I hear Lottie's voice in his background. Does Lottie know that Louis like me? She saw us almost kissing in the ground, and she teases us about that. But I am worried if she would even agree for me to go on a date with Louis because he is my best friend's brother, and it's pretty awkward to date your best friend's brother. I am lucky that Zayn and I never liked each other, and it would never be awkward for Waliyha and I in that case. But it could be pretty awkward with Lottie and I. I hope she doesn't have a problem with Louis and I.

"None of your business Lottie," he says to her, which makes me chuckle.

"Are you talking to Mel?" She asks him, with a tease in her voice. She is teasing, so is that a sign that she wouldn't have a problem with us?

"N-O-N-E of your business," he sings, making me laugh.

"And I can wait the whole day to hear this laugh." He says to me. He should stop because I can't control the heat on my cheeks, the butterflies and the wide smile which is spread on my lips.

"Oh my God, Louis! You're flirting with my best friend because I just called her and her user is busy on the other line!" she shrieks, making me nervously laugh, and Louis groans at her. Please don't be mad at me.

"Your best friend and I are going on a date tonight," he says in a sassy tone, and I can imagine him smirking at that time. Stupid, I wanted to tell her on my own but he just ugh..

"You guys are going too fast, first the kiss and now you're going on a date. Are you guys planning on making me an aunt in nine months? Cut the call I wanna talk to her, or give me your phone." She demands, but Louis refuses to give Lottie his phone. I can't figure out with her tone if she is angry or not. But I don't want her to be angry, I don't want to ruin my relationship with her.

"Mel, I'll see you at seven okay? You can talk to this wicked sister of mine, I'm hanging up." He says and I laugh, saying bye to him.

As soon as Louis ends the call, my phone starts ringing again as Lottie is calling me. Please don't be mad at me, please don't be mad at me. I am confuse whether I should pick up her call or not, wait Melanie, she isn't a serial killer, she is your best friend. Taking a deep breathe, I answer her call.

"Hey.." I say, nervously.

"You didn't even tell me you were going on a date with my brother! How can you do this to me Melanie Samantha Philips?!" She yells and sounds angry. Crap.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask her, nervously biting my lip.

"Of course, I am mad at you. You didn't tell me that you were going on a date with my brother. I'm your best friend and that doofus is my brother. I should've been the first one to know about this date." She says, and I get confused. She is mad at me for not telling about the date, but not that I am going on a date with him?

"Uh..Lottie, if I go on a date with Louis, you wouldn't have a problem with that?" I ask her, hoping for the reply I want her to give.

"Duh? Why would I have a problem with that? I am happy for you, you finally decided to date and trust someone, but your choice isn't good though." She says, laughing which surprises me. A smile find it's way on my lips and I sigh in relieve when I hear those words come out of her mouth.

"We just decided it an hour ago, I was gonna tell you about it," I say and hear her groan.

"Tell me when? When you would've been in the hospital, giving birth to my nephew or niece?" She asks me and laughs slightly.