Chapter 44: I Want You Back.

I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me,
Thinking 'bout us, what we gonna be,
Open my eyes yeah, it was only just a dream.
So I travelled back down that road,
Will she come back? No one knows.
I realize, yeah, it was only just a dream.

Zayn's P.O.V:

My head hurts, I feel weak, and I don't want to open my eyes because I don't want to see where I am.

But my eyes quickly shot open when I feel a tear fall on my face from somewhere. Her beautiful eyes are closed and tears are escaping from them. My head is on her lap and her hands wrapped around my neck. Before I can ascertain my surroundings, I hear some words which break me.

"Please wake up Zayn, I need you." I hear her cry, which breaks my heart into two pieces. Watching her cry has become the worst feeling for me. I don't like to see tears in her eyes anymore. She deserves happiness.

"Please, wake up. Don't do this to me, I beg you." She cries as another tear from her eyes, falls on my cheek. I lift my hand up and touch her cheeks. Her eyes shot open as soon as she feels my touch. She lifts her head up and looks at me. A relieved smile finds it's way on her lips and she breaks into loud sobs.

"Hey, I'm fine. Stop crying." I whisper and she wipes off her tears and leans forward. Soon I feel her lips on my forehead, and close my eyes. I feel all the things again which I've been dying to feel. She makes my life difficult. Her effect on me drives me crazy.

"Mel, stop crying please?" I beg and she looks up at me, nodding and try her best not to cry, when she breaks into louder sobs. I quickly wrap my arms around her and rub her back in comfort, when I hear the sound of footsteps coming closer to us. Soon I feel someone pulling me away from her and throw me on the other side of the room. I feel lightheaded, I don't know with what thing that guy hit me earlier, but it was really hard. I open my eyes properly, scanning my surroundings. A dark room with no windows, no furniture and a small light bulb, which barely gives light.

"Stay away from her!" I hear someone yell. I turn my attention to the boy standing in front of me. His dark brown eyes stare in my eyes, full of anger. I should have killed this person, days ago.

He moves forward, glaring at me when I hear Melanie's panicking voice from behind.

"Nolan, leave him." She says, panicking and he closes his eyes, turning around to face her. He walks towards her, standing extremely close to her. Her eyes close for a while, and she lowers her head, with tears escaping from her eyes.

"Melanie," He says, his hands reaching her face and he lifts it up. She opens her eyes and looks at him with a scared expression all over her face.

"What do you want?" She cries helplessly, and stares at him. His hands move towards her wrist and he holds it, making my blood boil.

"I want you," He says and she jerks his hand away, placing her hands on her face. His words, his actions, everything is making me angry. How can he touch her like that?

"Stop, Nolan!" She raises her voice, moving her hand forward. He still looks unimpressed by her actions. He tries to hold her hand again but she jerks him away. If he touches her one more time, I'm not going to leave him this time.

"But I really want you, baby." He says, placing his hands on her face and my eyes widen on his choice of words. Did he just call her baby? I feel like killing the douchebag standing in front of me, right now. I try to walk forward but hardly succeed due to feeling lightheaded. I place my hand on the wall and try to suport myself, when the whole room begins to spin around me.