Chapter 42: Black Dress.

Baby even when we're miles apart,
You'll always stay inside my heart.
Let me tell you no one else will do,
'Cause baby nothing feels like you.

Melanie's P.O.V:

I stare at the choice of dresses my friends have chosen for me. I imediately call Lottie and wait for her to answer, as soon as she receives her call I scream.

"Lottie, are you serious? Do you seriously think I'm going to wear one of them?" I say, staring at the dresses lying on my bed. Two of them are white and red, which barely reach my knees and strapless. The other one is black, with sequins on it's sleeves and is below my knees.

"What? They are beautiful, especially the red one. You'll look great in it, I chose the red one for you. Stop protesting, and wear it like a normal teenage girl." She says, and I hold the dress in front of me, checking it out. No, seriously not my type. All of them are seriously not what I would wear anywhere in public. But I guess, I have no choice. Maybe the black one is good.

"Better not wear the black one, I don't even know why Waliyha bought it for you. You already have tons of black clothes." She says, and I groan. Why can't people let me wear black clothes? I still don't understand them.

"It is the only dress which is decent, and I'm wearing it, otherwise I won't come. Tell your brother that I'll be waiting for him, inform me when he reaches." I say, ending the call and hold the black dress in front of me. It is pretty but I don't wear dresses, so it's going to be awkward for me. I glance at the clock and notice the time. I still have a lot of time to get ready for Liam's birthday party. I put the dresses on a side and lay on my bed, with my phone in my hands.

To Mr. Know It All:
You're coming right?

I text Zayn and wait for his reply. It's been two weeks since Zayn and Suzanne broke up and he again broke Nolan's nose, but I wasn't the reason this time. We pretty much have same classes together and we barely fight now. He also apologised to Louis for his behaviour earlier and everything seems fine now, except the fact that he's quiet now. He doesn't talk to anyone much now. He barely laughs or smiles. He looks miserable, his eyes look restless and hurt. No matter how much I tried to stop him, he still smokes. He seems to block everyone, just enagages himself in studies as he still remembers our bet.

From Mr. Know It All:
Yeah Liam will kill me if I dont come. What about u?

I smile when I see his text and reply to him, quickly.

To Mr. Know It All:
Coming but I have three dresses in front of me and Im kinda confused over here what to wear. You wont get it lol

From Mr. Know It All:
Wear the black dress.

I squint my eyes in confusion when I read his text. How does he know about the black dress? I lift my head and look around my room, suspiciously. He can't be here, but how does he know about it. I text him in confusion, asking how does he know about the dress, and wait for his reply, biting my lip.

From Mr. Know It All:
I chose it for you.

My eyes widen in surprise and a smile finds it way on my lips. I should've guessed it at the first place, because Waliyha said that she had to buy this dress forcefully. I pick up the dress and walk to my full length mirror. I Admire the dress, it is beautiful but I'm not sure if I should wear it or not. I walk back to my bed with the never ending smile from my face and type a reply to him.

To Mr. Know It All:
Thank it I love you. :)

My eyes widen and I scream when I notice the text I sent him. I quickly type another reply and send it to him.