Chapter 37: Heart Break?

Melanie's P.O.V:

"Nerdy?" I hear his voice call out for me. I pause for a second, when I recognize that voice, only one person calls me that. Louis stops kissing me and looks at the figure standing in front of us.

I look up at him and see his face with an unreadable and confused expression. A frown is spread on his face and eyes saying something, which I know what, but not sure of it. He saw Louis and I kissing. I don't know what he would be thinking right now. He would think of me as a slut, who kissed him last night and now his best friend. He looked... he looked.. hurt maybe. But why? Is he hurt because I kissed Louis? My eyes travel to his hands, which are slowly balling into fists. His expressions change and I see his eyes getting dark. He ignores the fact that Louis is beside me, and just keeps staring at me with mixed emotions. I look at him and feel like crying. But why do I feel like crying? I have no idea why, but I'm feeling guilty. I know I shouldn't, because kissing Louis isn't something I should be guilty of, it wasn't a mistake. I look up from his balled fist, to his eyes. They were a darker shade than before. I am afraid of what he might do next. But I still don't have an idea what is happening over here. The atmosphere around us is so tensed. I feel like running away from this place.

I know, I shouldn't care about him, but I am afraid that I am caring about what he feels and thinks about me. I still don't understand the reason behind his reaction, and mine. I feel like I never wanted him to see this. He walks more close to us, his eyes never leaving mine, not caring about anyone. I don't know what I will say to him. But I don't have to explain him anything. He's not my boyfriend. He doesn't own me. Before I can say anything, Louis speaks.

"Um..hey Zayn," he greets him, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, but Zayn doesn't look at him. His eyes are still locked with mine.

His balled fists straighten again, and he takes a deep breathe, shifting his eyes towards Louis.

"I didn't hope to you see you both here, together." He says to Louis, focusing on 'together'. His tone sounded a little bit harsh.

"Yeah, we just um.. it was our date." Louis tells him, blushing, and his hands reach mine, entwining our fingers together. Not the right time, Louis.

Zayn's eyes widen and they travel to our locked hands. I notice his body getting tense and again his hands start to ball into fists. What is happening to him? Why is he acting like this? Isn't he the one who hates me? So why is he getting tensed by seeing Louis and I like this. My mind clouds with different questions making it more difficult for me.

"So you two are fuck buddies now?" He says sternly and my eyes widen at his words which caught me off guard. This isn't something I was expecting. How can he say this to us. What is wrong with him? He has no right to behave like this. Removing Louis' hand from mine, I get up from the table.

"Excuse me what did you just say?" I ask him, sternly.

"You guys are fuck buddies now?" He repeats, his jaw clenched and his eyes still burning through me. His glares would have killed me.

"How dare you say this, Zayn Malik?!" I raise my voice at him, ignoring the fact that we were in middle of a room filled with people. Louis gets up from the table as well and stands next to me, slightly whispering in my ear that I should let it go as all the eyes in the restaurant were on us.

"No way, Louis. He has no right to just walk in and insult us!" I say, jerking away Louis' hand from mine. I know I shouldn't act like this with Louis, but I was angry. I didn't like it when Zayn said those words.

"You can't just fu*king kiss me last night and then my best friend now!" He yells, and I feel heat building up inside me. I want to cry, yell and slap him all at once. It was a mistake, all of it, everything was a mistake.