Chapter 17: Panic Attack.

Melanie's P.O.V:

No one will notice , No one will care .

My mind keeps on replaying these words when I close my eyes and bring the blade closer to my wrist.

Before I can cut my vein, my phone starts ringing, but I ignore it when someone starts to bang on my bathroom's door. More tears escape from my eyes as I stare at my vein and my shaky hands.

"Melanie don't do anything stupid, Steve informed me about everything. Just open the door!" I hear my sister, Samantha's, panicking voice from across the door, as she tries to open it.

I close my eyes and break into loud sobs, as I hear my sister sniffle from across the door. "We love you, Mel." She cries.

"Serene and Barry left us, Mum and Dad are busy with their own problems. No one loves me!" I yell, still holding onto the blade which pierces through my palm as blood begins to drip from my skin.

"We do, Mel, we do. I love you and I want you to be strong for me. You're my baby sister and I don't want to see you in pain, please just open the door or let me in." She pleads, still trying to open the door, as I watch the door knob continuously shake.

"If you're worrying about Aiden, then trust me, one day there will be someone who loves you more than anything and anyone. He'll do everything for just one smile of yours. He'll love you forever, Mel." She speaks up, when I bite my lip and stare at myself in the mirror.

"What about Suzanne? She was my best friend." I quietly sob, and lower my head, watching the blood flow from my palm, when she goes quiet and nothing comes out from her mouth.

Looks like she doesn't have an answer for that.

"Maybe you'll get better friends than Suzanne? Those who'll stay by your side always. Those who'll be with you in your sorrows and happiness and treat you like their own sister? Those who you can trust on?" She speaks up, as I bite my lip harder and take deep breathes when my head starts to spin and my heart aches. My body starts shaking as my breathing fastens, and the blade from my hand falls when I hit the ground in fits.

Panick Attack.

I try to breathe heavily when soon everything around me blacks out.

"Mel, please open your eyes." I hear faint voices of my sister after a while, as a tear fall on my cheeks from somewhere, and I peel open my eyes to look at my sister who is in tears, holding me in her arms.

"Stop scaring me like that, I love you. Do you understand that?" She scolds me, as she hugs my body tightly, holding me closer to her. I give out a sigh and nod, when she helps me get up from the floor and takes me to my bedroom, helping me on my bed.

"I'll bring some meds for you, okay?" She says, running her hand carefully in my hair, as I sigh and close my eyes.

"Pain killers will solve everything?" I ask her, opening my eyes again to look at her, when I find a hurt look on her face as she seats herself beside me on my bed, kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry, Mel. But some things are meant to happen. Maybe you and Aiden weren't meant to be together, you are still young. Maybe someone better than Aiden has to come in your life that is why this happened. See, by this you also got to know that Suzanne wasn't loyal to you. Just forget everything and when you back to schoo-" she begins, but I stop her in the middle, exclaming.

"I won't go back to that school." I exclaim, as flashbacks of the whole day start hitting me, bringing back the tears in my eyes.

"But Melani-"