Chapter 5: Soccer Field.

Melanie's P.O.V:

Waliyha, Lottie and I, are roaming around the school, when we hear the bell ring and our third period ends. As we walk towards the hallway, we see a really angry Hazel, marching towards us.

"They just crossed their limits this time!" She exclaims, steaming with anger, making us confused.

"Who?" Waliyha and Lottie ask her.

"Your brothers and their best friends." She groans, making me sigh. Looks like she got pranked too.

Hazel explains us everything and I know it's bad if I say, that I am about to laugh at any moment, but I have to control it because she's my best friend and she can be emotional sometimes. I bet the look on her face at that time, would be worth seeing. We explain her what happened to us as well, making her eyes widen.

"Don't sleep in chemistry, and have fun." Lottie says, when I begin to leave for my next class, chemistry.

"I'll make sure she doesn't sleep." We hear Louis voice from behind, making me turn around and notice a smile on his face when his eyes land on me.

"How? Better not be pulling a prank on me." I warn him, earning a chuckle from him, as he stands next to me.

"You and I have Chemistry together." He says, smiling, making Lottie and Waliyha fake cough, where as Hazel passes him death glares.

"That sentence gives two meanings," Lottie mumbles loud enough for us to hear. I snap my head in her direction and pass her a glare, making her smirk and wink at me, teasingly.

"Let's go, Mel, class is about to start." Louis informs, moving his hands in a 'ladies first manner'. I nod and walk beside him to our class, randomly chatting about our day so far.

"You guys are really cruel," I say, as we take a seat next to each other in the third row, making his head turn to face me.

"Why?" He asks, innocently, but I can say he is pretending, because of the smirk which he is trying to control.

"I can't believe, Niall did that to Hazel." I say, staring at him, as he turns his gaze away from me, fumbling in his bag, trying to search for something.

"Yeah, I know. I can't believe it either, he was really good." He says, his attention towards his bag.

"Louis, I'm serious." I say, looking at him seriously. He lifts up his head and his gaze meets mine, his expression soft, his eyes lingering on me for a while, quietly, before he shakes his head and clears his throat.

"So am I," He says, giving out a chuckle, making me groan and roll my eyes at him.

I sigh, and he turns his attention back to his bag, with a smile fixed on his face. We wait for our teacher to arrive, our class room going wild, with all the loud voices of the hyper students, laughing, yelling, fighting and making out with each other, where as Louis and I, sitting quietly beside each other.

After a while, I clear my throat and pull a serious face, before speaking up.

"Louis, I love you." I blurt out, his hands stop fumbling in his bag as his body stiffens, his expressions changing into a blank look. I bite my lip when he raises his head to look up at me.

"What?" He asks, with an unreadable expression, his eyes widened a bit, his lips slightly twiching up, and confusion all over his face.

"I love you," I repeat softly, staring at him in his eyes while biting my lip. His mouth wide opens, as he gulps and stares back at me.

"Are you serious?" He asks and I stare at him quietly, without saying anything. I take a deep breathe and look down at my hands, fiddling with my fingers.