Chapter 46: Jealous?

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes".

Melanie's P.O.V:

"Zayn, I'm tired," I whine and sit with legs crossed in the middle of an empty road. He groans and turns to face me, giving me death glares as soon as he sees me.

"Are you serious, Nerdy? Get up from there." He says, standing away from me. I pout and shake my head. We have been walking for the last half an hour, without stopping even for a second.

"You're really cruel, I hate you." I say, pouting and he chuckles, coming closer to me ad he hands me a water bottle.

"You sure about that?" He asks me and I look up at him. I give him a confused look and he shakes his head, shrugging it off.

"If you stop being a cruel man, and let me rest, I'll stop hating you." I say, shrugging my shoulders. He sighs and sits next to me.

"We need to reach before dusk. If you keep stopping in the middle like this, we'll never make it to our houses. Then you can spend the rest of your life here like snow white and I'll bring your dwarf, also known as Louis for you here. Are you fine with that?" He asks me, and I accidently spit out the water from my mouth.

"Did you just call your best friend, a dwarf?" I ask him, and he nods, laughing. His laugh is so beautiful that it made me join him too.

"Okay, now let's get going." He says, getting up and sticking out his hand for me. I hold his hand and get up as well. We start walking again, and after fifteen minutes, I feel tired again.

I know if I whine again, he'll get irritated. So, I keep on walking beside him, feeling totally drained.

"Okay, I can't walk anymore." I say after a while, resting my hands on my knees and bend down a little. He again gives out a loud groan, and turns over, moving closer to me and make me stare at him, confusingly.

Soon I feel, being pulled up from the ground, making my eyes almost pop out. His arms are around me, holding me bridal style.

"Are you serious, Zayn Malik?! Put me down, now!" I raise my voice at him, but he shakes his head and continues walking, ignoring my protests.

"Zayn?! Put me down, I'll walk." I say but he again shakes his head and gives out a chuckle.

His hands around me tighten, pulling me as close to him as possible. I give out a sigh and wrap my arms around his neck. Slightly tilting my head up, I find a smile on his face.

"You're creeping me out with your stares." He says, chuckling and I smack his arm.

"I'm not the one carrying you in my arms, even after so many protests." I say and he looks down at me. Our eyes meet and he stops, walking.

"You want me to put you down?" He asks and I stare at him, quietly. Words aren't coming out of my mouth. I wish I could stay like this and stare in these beautiful hazel eyes forever. But I can't.

"Nerdy?" He snaps me out of my thoughts and I can feel the heat on my cheeks, feeling embarrassed.

"You'll get tired." I say in a low tone. He shakes his head and again continues to walk, carrying me.

Few moments pass when we find a car and they agree to give us a ride back to our homes. In the car sits, a family with a Lady, her husband and a teenage girl of my and Zayn's age. Zayn and I settle in the back seats, with Zayn sitting between the brunette and I.