Chapter 51: Who Are You?

Zayn's P.O.V:

"Who are you?" The girl lying on the hospital bed, asks. I look at her in shock and tighten my grip on her hand.

"Are you okay?" I ask her but she removes her hand from mine, scooting away from me. I notice her actions and look at her in confusion.

"I don't know you. Who are you? Why am I here? Where is my family?" She swarms me up with questions and I take a step back from her, my heart breaking into pieces. What I'm thinking can't be true.

"Do you remember what happened to you?" I ask her but she shakes her head, with tears in her eyes. She looks completely confused and terrified. I look at the doctor and he steps forward.

"Do you remember anything before coming here?" The doctor asks her, as a tear escapes from her eyes.

"I confronted my best friend and boyfriend. They cheated on me, then my best friend slapped me and then.. then, I don't remember anything." She says, slightly sniffling. My heart feels as if it stopped beating. I look at her in shock and then back at the doctor.

"What the hell is she saying? What is wrong with her?!" I yell at the doctor, when I notice her getting terrified. She stares at me with a scared look.

"Mr. Malik, please calm down." The doctor says but I storm off the room, shutting the door behind me really hard. As soon as I come out of her hospital room, I break into tears.

"Mr. Malik, can I talk to you for a while?" The doctor asks me and I nod, wiping away my tears. He takes me to a room and shows me some CT scans of her.

"Look, she is going to be fine. It's normal, she was saved from dying. She has lost her memory. It can happen. She'll get her memory back, but you have to wait." He informs me and my heart drops in the stomach. I stare at him in shock, without even blinking.

"For how long do I have to wait?" I ask him after a while.

"It can take days, weeks, months or maybe years." He says, with an appologetical look and my mouth wide opens, before breaking into tears again.

"Did you inform her family?" He asks me but I shake my head. He tells me to inform her parents and I nod. I don't know what I will tell them. That their daughter lost her memory and just woke up from coma? I walk back to her room and stare at her from the door way. She is lying on the bed with tears continously flowing from her eyes. Tears escape my eyes as well when I see her in this condition.

Five hours ago:

"I love you. I love you, Melanie Samantha Philips. I'm in fucking love with you!" I cry in front of her. She takes a step back from me in shock. Her mouth opens to say something, but no words come out. I fall on my knees in front of her, lowering my head. She starts crying again and keeps taking steps back.

"I...I.." she tries to speak but fails. She is standing far away from me now. Suddenly ear piercing honks and shrieking of tires can be heard and I slightly tilt up my head to see her but she turns around and the next thing I know is I hear her scream. My eyes widen and I stare at her body which flungs forward and lands on the floor, hit by a Range Rover. Everything seems as if it stops for a while. My mind stops working when I see the horror in front of me. I quickly get up and run towards her. She lies in the little pond of blood, with her eyes closed and hardly breathing. I bend down to her level and take her body in my arms.

"Mel, look at me. Open your eyes, open your eyes please. Please, Mel, please." I cry, touching her cheeks to wake her up. Her eyes slightly peel open and a tear falls from them as she lies helplessly in my arms.