Chapter 48: I Miss You.

Never felt like this before,
Are we friends or are we more?
As I'm walking towards the door,
I'm not sure.
But baby, if you say, you want me to stay,
I'll change my mind.

Melanie's P.O.V:

I lower my head and stare at my fingers, sitting completly alone in the silent room. Soon the door of the class swings open and two boys walk in along with three girls. With their attire and attitude they look like the rich snappy kids. I sigh and again lower my head. I've been the first one to arrive at the detention. Again the door swings open with an annoying creaking noise, and in step two more boys.

I keep glancing at the door from time to time but see no sign of him. Why am I even looking for him? But it's not that he can cause us both detention and run away from there, it's not fair. I look around the class and find the rest of the students busy in their own conversations and most of them sleeping as there is no one to monitor our detention. I thought there would be a teacher or someone to give us a long lecture about our behaviour, but no one is here and the students seem pretty much wild right now.

I glance at the door again and take out my phone to text Waliyha.

To Wal:
Your stupid brother is suppose to be in detention with me. Where is he?

From Wal:
He's going to Bradford for some weeks. He had to leave immediately.

I feel my heart drop in my stomach, as soon as I read her text. He left for weeks? So that means I won't be able to see him for a long time. The thought of this is making me lamentable. He could've told me that he was leaving. He just left without saying anything, not even a bye. Actually, I should be happy that I wouldn't have someone to irritate me the whole time, but I'm not.

To Wal:
Is everything alright?

From Wal:
Grandma isnt feeling well so dad sent him there.

I sigh and keep my phone on the side, resting my head on the desk. After a while my detention ends and I walk out of the class to see Eleanor standing right outside my class.

"Hey, what are you doing here? School ended long time ago." I ask her.

"I had some work with the management, and then it hit me that you have detention, so I came here to see you." She smiles at me. I just met her today and she already makes me like her. She seems really sweet and caring. I smile and nod while we walk out of our school, together.

"Hey, I can give you a ride back home. If you don't mind?" She says and I shake my head smiling at her.

"It's fine, I'll take a cab or call my sister." I tell her but she refuses and pulls me in her car.

"But El-"

"Just guide me the address," she says, with a constant smile on her face.

"You're really sweet. Thank you, Eleanor." I smile and she laughs, starting the car.

"No need to thank, that's what friends are for. We're friends right?" She asks me and I smile.

"Definitely." I answer. The whole drive went by, with us talking about each other and she's not only sweet, she's really funny too.

"Okay, Sophia and I just met a blonde girl, yesterday. She told us to stay away from some guy. We thought she was coming to say 'Hi' to us, but all she really did was threaten us. Sophia and I kept staring at her in shock, and then started laughing when she left. I don't remember the guy's name, it was something from Z. Zack, I guess." She tells me, laughing, and I'm pretty much sure she is talking about Suzanne. Suzanne just crosses her limits some times. She can't just tell people to stay away from her 'EX' boyfriend.