Chapter 50: I Love You.

But believe me,
I'm not trying to deceive you.
I promise falling for me,
Won't be a mistake.

Melanie's P.O.V:

"Mel, it's your turn to go on the stage. Wipe away your tears." Waliyha says and more tears start to flow from my eyes. I quickly get up from my seat and run outside. Soon the cold breeze hits my face. I lean against the wall and break into loud sobs. I don't even know why I'm crying. But I just do.

"Melanie," I hear a voice behind me as I lower my head.

"I just need some time, alone, Waliyha." I cry, but Waliyha refuses and pulls me along with her to sit on the stairs, outside.

"Why are you crying?" She asks me, handing me a tissue.

"I..I.. don't know. I just..I just hate myself. I hate your brother. I hate everything." I cry and she sighs, wiping my tears with the tissue.

"You don't hate him, Mel. Not anymore." She says and I tug the ends of my hair, frustratingly.

"I'm sick and tired of it! It just needs to end, everything needs to end. I'm tired of people asking me if Zayn and I are together, they need to stop telling me that he is more than just my best friend's brother, they need to stop telling me about my feelings about him. Everyone needs to stop it!" I yell, throwing my arms in the air, and get up from the stairs. Waliyha also gets up, and shakes her head at me.

"Melanie, did you hear his speech? Did you hear every single word he said? Do you know how many times he has asked me about you since he was away? Do you know how many times you tried to indirectly ask me about him? Did you ever notice his condition whenever he saw you with his best friend? Did you ever notice your condition whenever you saw him with Suzanne? If you still didn't notice these things, then you're not dumb or naive. You're just trying to deny facts because you are in a relationship with Louis and you don't want to hurt Louis. But you don't know how much you are hurting yourself and Zayn. Just open your eyes and see the damn truth, Melanie!" She yells and I cry taking my head in my hands. Waliyha steps back from me, shaking her head in disaproval. She storms inside and leaves me alone. I fall on the stairs and cry hugging my knees.

"Mel," I hear my brother's voice. I lift up my head and see Barry standing in front of me. Serene and Barry had come back for Samantha's wedding.

I quickly wipe away my tears and he sits beside me. He quickly wraps his arms around me and I cry in my brother's arms.

"Stop crying, Champ. You should be happy for Sam." He says, kissing the top of my head and I nod against his chest.

"I hate to tell you this, but Serene and I will leave tonight. But there is a good news for you too." He says and I quickly pull away from him. I just saw my siblings after years, and they're already leaving me..again.

"You're leaving already?" I ask him, and he nods, but then smiles at me.

"I'm taking you to America with me," he says and my heart drops in my stomach.

"You will continue your studies over there." He continues and I stare at him in shock. I don't want to leave London. I don't want to leave my home, my Mum or my friends.

"When?" I ask him.

"In a month maybe," he says and I turn my gaze away from him.

"Mum wants you to go and live your life, happily. Away from all the problems here." He says and I feel the tears coming back in my eyes.

"And do you think that changing places would be the solution of my problems?" I ask him and he squints his eyes in confusion, with a frown on his face.

"You will have a new start. A new life, away from all the sorrows and pain of this place. This place gave you nothing but pain." He pauses, sighing. "We all want the best for you, and want you to live a happy life, Mel. Don't you want to come with Serene and I?" He asks me. I rest my head on my knees and take a deep breathe. He is right, if I leave this place, there would be no more problems. No Zayn, no Louis, no Aiden, no Suzzane, no Dad, no nothing. I will have a new start and a different life. I will move on, but I can't. I can't just leave everything and everyone behind. I can't be this much selfish.

"Can I have some time to think?" I ask him and he nods.

"You can. But just so you know, everything is ready. I'm going to mail your ticket after some days. I've done all the preparations. We didn't tell you because we wanted it to be a surprise." He says and I sigh. He gets up from beside me, and kisses my forehead before walking inside again. I lean against the stairs and close my eyes, resting my head on my knees again. It feels like someone just keeps on shooting me in the heart again and again. I can't bear all of this anymore. Everything has become difficult for me.

My eyes open when I hear a voice after some minutes. "Sam is looking for you." I hear Zayn say. His voice breaks me into loud sobs again.

"Why can't you all freaking leave me alone?!" I yell at him. He looks at me in shock then suddenly bends down to face me.

"Hey, stop crying." He says, moving his hand forward but I jerk away his hand.

"Leave me alone. Just go from here!" I yell but he gives out a heavy sigh, seating himself beside me.

"I said, leave me alone! Why don't you freaking understand me? Why do you like irritating and annoying me so much? Just stop whatever you're doing, Zayn. It's hurting me, it's hurting me like hell!"

"Doesn't it hurt me? You're the only one in pain?" He snaps and I take my head in my hands. My head feels as if it's continously being hammered, my eyes are burning and tired of crying.

"Just stop it, Zayn! Go away, just go away from me and from my life!" I yell, completely losing it.

"Would you be able to live without me in your life? Tell me you didn't miss me when I was gone. Tell me you didn't think about me even for a second. Tell me you didn't want to kiss me again. Tell me you didn't want to lie next to me. Tell me you-"

"Just shut up! Shut up! I can't bear this anymore. All of you need to shut up!" I get up from the stairs and yell at him. He gets up as well and grabs my wrist.

"No, you need to shut up, Melanie Samantha Philips! You think by denying the truth and fighting your feelings, you can be happy? Do you think throwing me out of your life would make you happy? No, it won't. You just need to freaking understand the truth. You need to understand what you mean to me. You need to understand the feelings you give me. You need to understand how much freaking effect you have on me. You need to understand that you are the only one I think about every minute. You need to understand that I freaking care for you. You need to understand that I can't see you in a relationship with my best friend. You need to understand that you make me smile, cry and laugh. You need to understand that, the freaking speech was for you. You need to understand how much I freaking love you!" A tear slips from his eyes as he lowers his head and again looks back at me.

"I love you. I love you, Melanie Samantha Philips. I'm in fucking love with you!"

~*~

A.n:

Short chapter but hope you liked it. (Unedited)

HE FINALLY CONFESSED! *Does Irish jig with Niall*

Also, in the wattys, the voting lines will open in Sep. In the meanwhile, readers have to support their favourite books, by voting, commenting, sharing and adding the books in their reading lists. Thats what I have heard.

Thank you for 61k. Means a lot :)

Stay safe and keep smiling cause it looks best on you.

Love y'all and Zayn a lot.

Thanks xx