37

Time Lapse to Wednesday

Rain's Pov:

It's been a few days since Andy and I had date night at Jinxx's place. The past few days have gone by fast with the case and getting things ready for the wedding. Today is the day I am going to capture the stalker. I wake up this morning and get ready for work. I left Vi and Tate a note telling them that I would try and be home by dinner, but there were no promises. I head down to the station and my team is already there.

" Good morning Parker. A word in my office."

" Morning to you too Smith. What's up?"

" Look I know you aren't exactly happy with this team, but they are here and the others aren't."

" Smith it's fine. They have worked on this case and they haven't given me any trouble. I'm just looking forward to looking this stalker in the face and telling him what's what and locking him away for life. Either that or killing him."

" We don't want to kill him unless we have too."

" I know but I'm saying."

" Now let's load up. On the road in ten."

" Gotcha."

I go out and told my team to get ready. Before we leave I give them one of my famous speeches. They all take it to heart and I hope I gave them some inspiration. We all load up in the trucks and head to the old warehouse. I am ready. I am probably more ready for this more than anything in my whole life. We all get in order and then go over the plan once more. I put in my ear piece and place my gun where he will never see it. I tell my team good luck and make my way to the old warehouse.

" Hello? Is anyone here?"

" Hello Agent Parker. How nice it to see you again."

" Oh my....is that you Walters?"

" You remember me. Yay. This might make this experience a little more fun."

" Don't come any closer. Stay right where you are and answer some of my question. First, why are you stalking me, my friends, and family?"

" Well, after you locked me away I planned my revenge. I knew I had three years before I was let out, so that gave me plenty time to get my plan planned out. You see you took people away from me when you locked me up....you didn't take them away from me you took me away from them. MY FAMILY.....MY FRIENDS! YOU TOOK ME AWAY FROM THEM! AND FOR WHAT? FOR WHAT? You took me away because of an accident."

" Look you know it wasn't an accident when you killed those girls. You knew what you were kidnapping them and killing them. It was no accident. I'm sorry I took you away from your love ones, but you needed to be locked away for what you did."

" NO I DIDN'T AGENT PARKER! I didn't need to be locked away and have my love ones taken away from me. So that's why I decided to stalk you and your love ones, but I failed to kidnap any of them and kill. You are so overprotective of them."

" I love my family and friends and I am not about to let someone like you take them away from me."

" Oh, but you would risk your life to come here to see me knowing that if you came here something bad would happen. Tell me Agent Parker are you really here alone?"

" Yes I am. I told you I would come alone and that's what I did."

" LIES ALL LIES! WHY MUST YOU LIE AGENT PARKER? WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS TELL LIES?"

" I'M NOT LYING WALTERS! WHY MUST YOU ACCUSE ME OF LYING?"

" THE SAME WAY YOU ACCUSED ME OF KILLING THOSE GIRLS!"

" I DIDN'T ACCUSE YOU OF KILLING ANYONE ALL EVIDENCE POINTED YOU TO THE CRIME AND THE KILLINGS!"

" OH PLEASE ANYONE COULD HAVE PLANTED THE EVIDENCE ON ME!"

" REALLY HOW CAN SOMEONE PLANT THE EVIDENCE ON YOU WHEN TWO GIRLS YOU KIDNAPPED SAID THAT YOU KIDNAPPED THEM AND YOUR LIE DETECTOR TEST WAS A FAIL AND POINTED YOU GUILTY OF THE CRIMES?"

" ALL OF IT IS LIES! I HAVE WAITED THREE YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT AGENT PARKER THREE YEARS AND NOW MY MOMENT HAS COME! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AND THEN I'M GOING AFTER YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!"

" OVER MY DEAD BODY!"

He comes running towards me and knocks me to the ground. I fight with him and try not to use my gun on him. He pins me to the ground and has my arms. I struggle and try to move, but he is strong. I know that my team is hearing this and they know what is going on, but they are waiting for the code word before they came running in. Walters pulls me up and ties me to a wooden plank that is holding the building up. I am trying to get the rope loose, but it was no luck. Smith is calling me telling me that I need to say the code word right then and there, but I don't listen. I am going to take care of this before anyone comes in to help me. Walters comes back with a knife and I know what he is going to do but I am not going to allow that to happen.

" Look man I can help you."

" No you can't and even if you could why would you."

" Because I know how you feel...you feel like you've lost everyone but the truth is you haven't."

" What? How is someone like you gonna tell me that I haven't lost it all?"

" Well, you could let me go and leave this town. Start over in another place, meet someone real nice and pretty and have a clear new start."

" Who is gonna date someone like me?"

" There is some woman out there waiting for a man like you to change their life."

" SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! I'M GONNA KILL YOU AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!"

" PLEASE NO! WAIT! I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO OFFER."

" What would you have to offer?"

" I can get you out of this town and get you fake id's and a new life okay. It's not hard. All I would need is some hair dye and then I could get your picture and you can change your name."

" You don't get it do you? No matter what I will always be a criminal. Now you are really gonna get it."

He slaps me and punches me over and over many times in a row. I bet my face is all bloody, but I refused to give up.

" Please stop. Please."

" No you are gonna pay. But, I do give you some credit. So far not one person has showed up here which proves to me you are here alone. I bet you didn't tell your friends and family bye. I bet you didn't tell them you loved them this morning when you got up. I bet you didn't know that today is gonna be your last day to live."

" You're right I didn't do any of those things because I'm not going to die today."

" Sure you aren't. You're gonna live to see your first child be born."

" Yeah I am."

Once I say that I break free from the ropes and tackle him. While I was stalling him I was trying to get the ropes loose and as soon as I got them loose I made my move. I tackle him and hit, punch, and slap him a few times.

" You know Walters you aren't so bright because I didn't come alone I came with my team. Melting chocolate fudge. Come get em boys."

" What are you saying? What do you mean?"

As he is asking and trying to figure all this out, Smith and my team run in taking him into their custody. One of the girls who had brownish blonde hair walks me to the truck and cleans up my face. It hurts, but I don't complain. Smith comes up to me and makes sure that I am okay. He tells me that I don't have to say anything in court because they have audio and visual proof of everything that went down.

" Thank you Mr. Smith, but if you don't mind I'm gonna call someone."

" Please do."

I got my phone out and dialed Vi's number.

" Hello?"