Chapter 8- Something to do with Brandy

I sat in the back of my dad's car with my leg up on the seat, in a cast. I sighed. It had been a couple of days since I had seen Flynn. He hadn't even visit me in the hospital. After making me lie to my parents about why I was and how I got in Flynn's room, he never even showed up with flowers at my bed side.

My dad opened the car door for me, and my mom held my crutches out for me to hold unto as I stood up.

"Harley!,"Flynn shouted running across the street.

"Tell your mother that we're still going to sue her,"my mother squinted at him.

I looked at him with a frown, then shook my head and hopped over to the steps with my parents.

* * *
I sat in Flynn's car. He was quiet. I didn't want to break the silence, but I had so many questions.

"Why didn't you come visit me? Why did you kiss me? Why are you ignoring me, Flynn?"

"Calm down,"he looked at me at the corner of his eyes,"I couldn't come because my mom didn't let me. She thought that they would make her pay your medical bills, okay?"

"And the kiss?"

He ignored me.

"Flynn?"

He sighed,"I just felt like kissing you. It wasn't my intention before you came. When I got you on the bed I thought..maybe..we could..Forget it. I was just being really stupid, okay? And it's okay if you hate me, because you won't be getting rid of me anytime soon. As long as you have that cast on your leg and the bandage around your head, I have to take care of you."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not stupid."

"You act like you are sometimes."

I rolled my eyes again. "You're so lucky I'm not in the mood to curse you out."

He didn't say anything.

* * *

The ride was long and quiet. After avoiding being seen getting out of Flynn's car at school for so long, I realized that it was a waste of time.

We parked on the parking lot, and Flynn got out of the car. I watched him walk around the front and stand by my door. He opened it, helping me out. Everyone was watching. He put my crutches under my arms.

"Do you want me to-,"he started.

"-No,"I looked at him,"I'll do it myself."

"But you don't even know what I was about to say."

"Well whatever it was, I got it."

He sighed and handed me my bag.

I had just realized what he was offering but as stubborn as I was I acted like I could do it. I leaned one of my crutches against the car and lifted the bag like a weight.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry that for you?"

"I..I got it,"I struggled to put the bag on my back.

He snatched it off my shoulder and started walking off with both bags in his hand.

"Wha-....,"I stood in shock. I groaned then grabbed the other crutch and followed him.

When we were in the hallway, I noticed Danny standing by his locker. He was talking to a girl. It was Brandy. They were giggling and smiling at each other. You would almost think they were the ones dating.

I furrowed my brows at them. "Hey,"I looked at Flynn.

"Yeah?,"he looked at me.

"Before you hit me in the head with the bat, did I say anything to Danny?"

"I don't think so...Actually I don't know. Why?"

I looked at Brandy.

She looked at me with worried eyes.

"Because I think it had something to do with her."