Chapter 78- Choices

Very short chapter. Unfortunately.

I sat on the stairs the next morning with my bag at my side, listening to my grandparents. The problem with my family was that everyone had different beliefs. My dad, being non-religious, didn't give a crap if I kissed a dog at the banquet but my grandmother was dying from embarrassment.

"Do you know how bad Harley made our family look infront of all those church folk?,"she argued with my grandfather. "Are you even listening to me?"

"I hear you,"my grandfather answer. "I think what is embarrassing is the fact that you tried to make everyone forget that she kissed that girl by announcing that I was on death row."

"I didn't try to do anything. People need to know that you're dying."

"Some of our family doesn't even know."

"You're off the subject."

"What is the subject, huh? That our granddaughter is going down a path that she has chosen on her own?"

"She is being an abomination. You're a pastor-"

"So what do you want me to do? Sprinkle holy water on her head?....Listen to me. If you're so God fearin' you should have the sense that God gave us the ability to choose."

"What-"

"You didn't get on this bad when your son said he didn't believe in God."

Nana shut her mouth.

"Harley can make her own decisions now. What ever she does, you need to accept, just like God and her parents and I already have....Besides, she's with the Friday boy."