Chapter 17- Black eye problems

"Hold still,"Flynn held my face with his right hand and painted my eye lid with his left.

"This place smell like wet mops and there's a family of mice in here, and you want me to hold still?,"I swung my foot, chasing a mouse away.

"You're the one who wanted to come in the janitor's closet. I said that the girl's bathroom was just fine."

"You pervert."

He giggled. "Don't hate the player. Hate the game."

I sighed. "Just hurry this up."

"You do know that they'll send you to the nurses office right?"

"I got it covered."

Fifteen minutes earlier...

"Please Gabriel,"I begged the nurse. "I love him and I need this. Just tell them that you already checked my eye-"

"Harley,"he chuckled,"This isn't some Shakespeare play. You don't have to put fake tears in your eyes. Just give them this." He handed me a note.

"Oh thank you Gabriel,"I spun around like a ballerina. "How can I ever repay you?"

"By getting out of my office. I've got other kids to see."

Present time

I opened my make up mirror. "This looks amazing. You're really good at this stuff, Flynn."

"Thank you, now can we get out of this place? I think I saw the trash can move."

"I thought I was the only one who saw that. Let's get out of here,"I walked over to the door. It suddenly opened, knocking my unmade-up side of my face. I fell to the floor.

"What are yuh' kids doin' in mi' closet?,"the janitor looked at us.

Flynn helped me up.

We quickly rushed outside.

"Oh crap,"Flynn looked at me with wide eyes.

"What is it?,"I looked at him through my squinted eyes. "And why does my eye hurt?"

He handed me my make up mirror.

"HOLY MOTHER OF FU-"

* * *

"I thought I gave you a note to give to the teacher?,"Gabriel folded his arms at us, as we walked into the office. He walked over to me and looked at my eye. "Wow, Flynn. You're an artist. It looks so real."

"That's cause it is real,"Flynn walked over to the chair and sat down.

"What happened?"

"Flynn punched me in the face,"I lied.

"I did not!,"he shouted.

"I got hit by a door,"I laughed.

"It's so swollen,"Gabriel turned my head to the side with his finger. "How long did it take the both of you to come see me?"

"It took me thirty minutes to get the fake black eye off of her face,"Flynn shook his head.

"Why thirty minutes?"

"Because she kept crying and turning away."

"Because you kept wiping the wrong eye,"I looked at him. "Your make up wasn't that good."

"If I couldn't differentiate between the real one and the fake one, my eye was great."

"Do you talk to your mother with that mouth? Dif-feren-tiate."

Gabriel laughed. "I said it once and I'll say it again. You two make a cute couple."

"We don't,"I shook my head.

"I also said that I didn't want to see you two here together again."

"We stayed away from baseball bats,"Flynn chuckled.

"That's what you two get for crying wolf." He walked over to his counter, then walked back over to me with an ice pack. "Here," he put it on my eye.

I put my hand where his hand was.

"Keep it there for the rest of the day, okay?"

"Okay."

"Now if I see you both back here again I'll..I'll...You'll see next time you come back to my office."

Flynn got up. "See you next time, Gabriel."

* * *

I sat in Flynn's car staring at the roof, with the ice pack above my right eye.

"What are we gonna tell our moms?,"he looked at me before taking a bite of his subway sandwich.

"I don't know, but I know you're in for a load of trouble."

"It wasn't even my fault. You walked over to the door. Come to think of it, you have been attracted to every wooden surface so far. The bat and two wooden doors. You sure have a thing for wood-"

"You disgust me."

He chuckled. "The truth hurts."

"God, I can't even eat my sandwich."

"Do you want me to eat it for you?"

I looked at him.

He smiled. "I guess that's a no then. Let's go home."