Chapter 92- Twisting the truth

Harley P.O.V:

I got out of the car. My mom knew the "plan" and even though she was against it, she agreed to try to tolerate Eva.

We walked into the house and my mother popped her head out of the kitchen.

"Does your mom still hate me?,"Eva whispered to me.

"Ladies, stay down stairs,"my mother looked at me. "The bedroom is out of bounds."

"We know Mrs. Branson,"Eva smiled to her.

My mom crinkled her nose and smiled back. That was her fake smile. Her "I can't stand you" look. Thank God everyone she did it to never knew.

We sat on the couch and I curled my legs. "So, about Flynn, like, what did he do to you? When did he do it? Because he was with me twenty-four seven."

My mom appeared behind her with folded arms, staring at the top of her head. If looks could kill then DAMN EVA!

I signaled her to leave and she walked away still staring at Eva's head.

"He did it more than once,"she shrugged," I mean at first I thought he was flirting with me-"

At that point wanted to kill her. "Flirting with you?"

"Yeah, he would touch my thigh and brush my hair with his hand and stuff."

"Why didn't I know about this? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't listen to me. You were in love with him... What made you change your feelings for him?"

"I..-"

"You girls want cookies?,"my mom stepped into the living room. She was probably listening by the wall.

"Thanks mom,"I flashed a smile at her.

She nodded and walked away.

"So?,"Eva tapped my knee. "What made you change your feelings?"

"I don't know. He just...we just got distant you know?"

"Is it Zoe?"

"What about Zoe?,"I said aggressively.

"My friends saw her push him into a classroom today. My guess is they were making o-"

"They weren't."

"How would you know? You aren't dating him anymore, right?"

The best way to not lie is to not answer. "It's fine. If they're dating, it's fine by me. They deserve each other." Did they? Oh course freaking not. I was just trying to make it look like I was actually moving on. But Zoe did upset me. She was getting annoying.

Eva smiled then held my hand.

I looked at our hands and faked a smile. "But..when did he start flirting with you?"

"I don't know. It just always seemed like he was to me. I denied it for a while and then he I realized that he was."

"When did he touch you?"

"More than once."

She was smart and stupid. Using my strategy the wrong way. It was stupid that people actually believed her.

"Hey,"she touched my knee.

I furrowed my brows at her.

"So, about prom. It's like...two months away. I know it's early but can you go with me?"

I dropped my jaw. I didn't want to say yes and I knew I couldn't say no. I just smiled,"Thank you for asking but...it's according to when."

"Okay,"she smiled. "Uhm..I think I should go now. My mom will be wondering where I am."

"I'll see you..tomorrow, maybe."

"Sure,"she stood up. "Bye,"she leaned in to kiss me.

I couldn't mess this up. So I kissed her.

She walked over to the door. "Bye, Mrs. Branson."

"Bye,"my mom said in an "I don't like you" way. "Hey do you want your cookies?"

"No, I don't like chocolate chip." Eva left.

I quickly got up and rushed to the bathroom. I thought I was going to puke, but it wasn't coming.

"That's what you get when you play with fire,"my mom folded her arms and looked at me. "A kiss."

"It's actually burning..-Oh, I think it coming now- Blur!" I finally puked.

"Who doesn't like chocolate chip?,"my mom folded her arms. "This girl is Satan in the flesh."

I flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink washing my mouth.

My mother pulled the phone out of my pocket. "Did you get everything?"

"Of course...Mom."

"You need to let Flynn listen to it."

"I know that."

"You should go over there right now-"

"Mom, get off my back." I walked out of the bathroom and head for the kitchen. I started stuffing my face with the cookies.

She walked into the kitchen a while after. "You need to get ready for your SATs. You can't focus on Eva all the time."

"I know that mom." Actually I didn't. I had forgotten about my exams. And I was sure Flynn had too.

* * *

Flynn P.O.V:

I glared at Eva through the living room window as she walked down the stairs. I quickly opened the door and walked out, crossing the street.

She started walking fast but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"I'm going to scream,"she looked at me with angry eyes.

"Are you kidding me?,"I shook my head. "No one in my neighborhood will bother with you. They all know you're lying, because they know that I'm a good kid. So scream all you want."

"Zoe believes me. And she will come for me."

"Why are you doing this to me?,"I let her go. "Why are you lying on my name?"

She looked at my hip then looked at me and smiled. "What are you talking about Flynn? You know what you did."

"No, I don't. You can't even tell me what I did to you-"

"You were drunk. We were at a party that Harley didn't come to. Your friends took you to it."

I furrowed my brows. She was right. I did go to a party with my friends one night and like she said, I was drunk. And I hadn't been drunk in months. The problem with this was that I couldn't even remember when that party was.

"You followed me up stairs and you pinned me down on the bed and tried to rape me. I didn't tell Harley because the things you did at that party...She would hate you more than she already does."

I stared at her. She was almost believable. I actually thought I hurt her. Like, seriously, she was good. Then she messed it up for herself.

She pointed at her chest, then her eyes, then my recording phone in my pocket. "Burn in hell Flynn." She walked away with a evil smile.

I stood there in shock. Who knew Eva was such a bitch?