Chapter 9 - Grand Entrance

I sat in class rubbing my chin and staring at the ceiling. I was trying to remember why I was on the baseball field, but the memory just wasn't coming back.

"Branson,"Ms. Jefferson called out to me, but I didn't hear him. "Can you give me the answer?....Branson?....Harley!"

I jumped. "Two point five!...The answer is two point five."

She smiled. "I knew I could count on you. So class-"

I zoned out again.

* * *
After class I hopped out and May followed me.

She walked beside me. "What was up with you in math today?,"she held my upper arm.

"I'm trying to remember something."

"What is it?"

"Why I ran out unto the field. You were there when I woke up. Do you know any reason why I would do that? Why does it feel like it had something to do with Brandy?"

May's face went pale. "I don't know."

I squinted at her. "Your ears turned red. You're lying."

"How about you search some more? I can help you. Maybe you should ask Brandy."

"I can't just walk up to her and ask her." I looked at Brandy. "Or should I.." I hopped over to her. "Hey Brandy!"

She jumped, dropping her books on the floor. "Oh..hi Harley. What's up?" She stooped down and picked up her books.

"Got anything you wanna tell me?"

She looked at May.

"Hey,"I shouted at her,"Eyes over here."

She looked back at me.

"I don't have anything to tell you..about anything...at all."

"Okay...,"I squinted at her,"If you say so." I hopped away.

May walked beside me. "You should ask Danny too-"

I froze. "May, tell me what's going on."

"I..uh-"

"Harley,"Danny rushed over to me,"How's your leg?"

"How's Brandy?"

He looked at May. "How should I know?," he chuckled

I squinted at him.

"How's Flynn?"

"Great..He's great. In fact, he's over there. He's escorting me to my next class. Talk to you later?"

Danny didn't answer.

I hopped over to Flynn.

"Hi Flynn,"May grinned.

"Hi...May, right?,"he smiled at her.

"It's July actually..I'm joking. It's May."

He furrowed his brows. "Okay?..May." He looked at me with a smirk on his face. "What's up?"

"Aren't you gonna take me to class?"

"I thought you didn't wanna be seen with me."

"Of course I don't, but I've already been seen getting out of your car. Besides that, I'm accustom to evil glares for the girls at this school....And everyone's attention will be on you, as always...,"I'm twirled my hair on my finger," because you're practically perfect."

He stepped closer. "Are you trying to flirt with me, Harley?"

"No! Not at all..I'm a Gemini, so I do it unconsciously- How about we go to class?"

"Okay,"he chuckled.

May grabbed my arm and started pulling me aside.

"I can't walk, remember?,"I yanked my arm away.

"You're acting weird and girly,"she whispered.

"No I'm not...And even if I was, what's wrong with that?"

"You only do that when you like someone."

"I don't like Flynn,"I started twirling my hair again," if that's what you're implying."

She titled her head. "Dude, you're literally playing with your hair."

I quickly let it go.

"Uh, Harley,"Flynn called out to me.

I looked at him.

"We're going to be late. So if you don't wanna make a grand entrance, we need to go now."

I sighed and hopped over to him.

He groaned. "We won't reach in time. Come here," he lifted me in his arms.

May caught my crutches, before they could hit the floor.

"Thanks for catching those,"he looked at her.

"What are you doing?,"I looked up at him.

"I'm carrying you to class." He looked at May. "Could you take those to me after class?"

"Sure,"she blushed.

"Thanks. You're an angel."

"You're an angel,"she tilted her head.

He rushed off with me up in his arms.

Of course that got attention. Everyone was staring. I looked at him. I didn't like the guy. I really didn't. He looked at me with his angelic eyes and I quickly looked away.

He burst through the classroom door. "Sorry Mr. Roberts."

"It's fine,"Mr. Roberts smiled and shook his head. "Just find your seat."

"Grand entrance, huh,"I looked at my classmates.

Flynn chuckled.