Chapter 85- Deadbeat dad

Flynn P.O.V:

     I sighed looking around the room. Everywhere was white and the air smelled like a hospital..cause it was a hospital.

   My mother stood outside with the sheriff, who didn't seem to give two craps about me.

"What do you mean you see stuff like this everyday?,"my mother shouted at him.

"Ma'am, can you please use a softer ton-"

"My son was beaten by three boys. His phone was stolen and he can barely open his left eye, which is perfectly fine by the way, since his right eye is black and blue."

A tear ran down my cheek. "Mom,"I groaned.

She looked into the room. "Oh honey,"she walked over to me,"what is it? Do you need me to call the nurse again?"

"Did you tell Harley? Because I asked you not to but I need to see her."

"I didn't."

"Can you-"

"-and I'm not going to."

"Mom,"I started crying. "Please."

She put her hands on my cheeks. "Harley can't deal with this right now, Flynn. You know that."

"But I need to see her."

"Don't think about yourself."

That seemed like the only thing I wasn't doing most of the time.

The sheriff stepped inside. "Ma'am are we done?"

"No,"my mom walked out the door, closing it behind herself.

I looked at her purse on the chair. Her phone. I needed her phone. I looked at the needle in my arm and slowly pulled it out, ignoring the pain. I got up and opened her bag, quickly grabbing the phone and dialing Harley's number.

"Come on Harley, pick up,"I tapped the phone with my finger.

"Hello,"she answered with a weak voice.

"Harley, thank God. I've been trying to get you."

"You didn't call me back yesterday."

"I know. My phone got stolen and-"

"Flynn,"I heard my mother's voice. The door opened and she walked inside. She snatched the phone and pushed it in her pocket without hanging it up.

I sighed and sat on the bed. I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't take it. I walked over to the door then paused and listen to my mother talk.

*  *  *
Harley P.O.V:

"Hello?..Flynn?,"I said then looked at my phone. I suddenly heard his mother's voice and a male voice that wasn't his.

"You're not even going to search for the boys who did it to him?"

I furrowed my brows. Who did what?

"I didn't say that,"the man sounded annoyed.

"Is it because of what you heard that ridiculous girl say about him? Because it's not true. My son would never abuse a girl. I trained him well."

"I'm sure you did, but his father-"

"DON'T..bring up his father."

"...Mrs. Friday, you and I both know that his father was violent towards you. You shouldn't be surprised if Flynn turned out to do the same-"

"Stop it..please."

It got silent.

"Flynn doesn't know about his father's....."

"He can still have the same aggressive attitude towards-"

"Are you suggesting that this behavior was passed down to him mentally? Because my son has never raised his voice or hit me in anyway."

He had raised his voice alot but he never meant it. He was too much of a softy.

"He will never be like his father."

"You should at least tell him why he was born."

"Jeffrey-"

"It's Sheriff Jeffrey...I don't think you should keep these secrets from your son."

"I don't want him to think he's a mistake-"

I hung up my phone and threw it on my bed. Flynn didn't know that his father was abusive. My head started hurting from the thought of it. Poor Flynn had so many problems. Thank goodness he didn't know about that.

*  *  *

Flynn P.O.V:

   I stepped back from the door. "My dad...." My eyes filled with tears and I started crying, then sobbing. I started hating myself. I was a mistake. And it took accusations from a psycho to learn that.

   I stepped back again and my hand rushed against something soft. It was a teddy bear. I opened the card.

   Dear Flynn,
          Told you I should've taken you to the hospital.

                                             Zoe.

    I looked at the fluffy blue teddy bear. It reminded me of all those stuffed toys my dad left behind for me and my brother. I threw it at the wall.

The door opened and my mother walked inside with the Sheriff.

They looked at me like I was crazy. I was heading towards it. My fingers were twitching and the only emotion I was feeling was hate.

"Flynn?,"my mother stepped toward me stretching her hand out.

"Don't touch me,"I stepped back.

"Honey."

"I said!..don't touch me."

The Sheriff looked at me with these "I-told-you-so" eyes.

"I need to get out of this place,"I started pacing around the room like I was searching for an imaginary object. "I need to go."

"Flynn calm down."

"I need to go home,"I started sobbing.

She walked over to me and held me in her arms. "We're leaving tomorrow,"she pat my head brushing my hair. "You have to stay one more night okay? You have to stay for observation."

I started shaking. "Mom?"

"Yes honey?"

"What did dad do to you?"

She froze and I heard her heart beating faster. "You don't need to know."