Chapter 61- Party Planners

"Okay,"I looked at the others. Others included Flynn, Brandy and Hayden. We were planning May's surprise party. It wasn't until after Christmas but at least it would get my mind off Flynn...you know, being in love with me and all.

"So,"I opened a magazine and put in on the living room center table,"I was thinking a little party with just us, you know?"

"Or we can go to a club like she asked,"Hayden shrugged.

"Yes!,"Flynn high five him. "I can get us the fake IDs from Robby."

"Excuse me,"I looked at him," but there are no legal adults in this room. We're all seventeen...And isn't Robby, Robert your police friend?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Wow, okay,"I put my hands up,"I give up. Get your fake IDs, but I'm not going anywhere with you guys."

"Awe come on, Harley,"Hayden grinned. "We were joking."

"We were?,"Flynn chuckled. "Cause I wasn't. We should take May to a club. Celebrate her freedom."

"That's exactly what she said. We need to celebrate her jump from being a teen to being an adult. Besides, they will never let us in if you come with us, Harley. You'll never pass off as an adult."

"May won't go to your stupid club if I'm not going,"I warned. "And I'm not."

"I'm with Harley,"Brandy picked up the magazine. "I'm not going to a club either. But the whole quiet mini friends party is too dull for me. And I'm thinking if May wanted to go to a club it would be boring for her too. We should take the club to her,"she wiggled her shoulders and danced.

I immediately got annoyed. "I'm not in with the whole loud party thing. I'm sorry."

"Why?,"Flynn leaned back on the couch and squinted at me," Because you got drunk in the last one? And said some things you didn't mean?"

I squinted back at him.

"Okay?..Two of you,"Hayden looked at us.

"Hey,"Brandy grinned,"I got the perfect idea for a cake."

"Okay, spill it,"I looked at her.

"We all know how much of a computer wiz May is. We can get her one of the piled high cakes with a pretty computery design."

"Piled high? Those cakes cost money."

"Not if you've got a uncle who owns a bakery,"Hayden took out his phone. "I think that's a perfect idea for a cake and I know the perfect design." He handed Brandy his phone.

"OMG. Yes,"she shrieked,"This is perfect."

I looked at the phone.

"My uncle did it for this little girl's party once."

"It's okay, but I don't think it's "May" enough."

"It's okay?,"Brandy looked at me. "It's better than okay. She'll love it." She smiled at the phone again.

I stared at her head forcing myself not to strangle her on the spot. Flynn obviously noticed.

"Hey- uh, Harley?,"he stood up.

I looked at him.

"Come help me put some snacks together...please?"

I sighed and slowly got up.

We walked into the kitchen.

"Can you get me the bag of Doritos in the cupboard?,"he smiled at me putting a bowl on the counter.

I stood on my toes and opened the cupboard. The bag was on the top shelf. "I can't reach it,"I looked at him.

"I know,"he chuckled and walked over to me. He took the bag down and looked at me. "Uh..,"he walked back over to the bowl and started pouring out the chips. "So..you and Brandy...Sensed some tension coming from you."

"May's been my friend since forever. I know what she likes. That cake?..she'll never like it."

"Are you sure it's that? I've also known her a long time too and I think she wouldn't mind the cake. She might not freak out, but she'll like it. You know she would, so it's not that. What is it?"

I looked at my feet. "It's just that...,"I looked at him again,"May and I have celebrated her birthday on our own every year. The whole party thing is just...too much. I wanted to hang out with her and eat cake like we do on our birthdays. But now she has a boyfriend and a new friend and she has a bunch of options that aren't even that good and-"

"It won't always be the two of you,"he walked up the me, and reached into the cupboard for some nuts."She's growing up, accepting other people...Maybe you need to do the same thing." He looked down at me.

I swiftly leaned closer and kissed him.

He quickly stepped back like he didn't want me to.

"Hey guys,"Brandy walked into he kitchen,"I've got the..."

We looked at her.

"Uhhhh,"Flynn scratched his head and turned around.

"Are you two...Were you...Have you been..."

"I'm straight, Brandy,"I put my hands at my side.

"So why are you dating Eva?"

"It's a long story."

Hayden stood beside her. "Should I be staring in shock too or..?"

"She kissed Flynn,"Brandy looked at me with a confused face.

"Oh, you didn't tell her?,"Hayden looked at me and shook his head.

"You knew?...And May probably does too,"disappointment spread across her face. "Why did you keep it from me?"

"What was there to keep from you? That I was secretly dating Flynn while I had a fake girlfriend? There's more to it than that."

"Wait, we're dating?,"Flynn peeped out from behind me.

"We slept together, Flynn,"I mumbled just enough for him to hear but Hayden's doggy senses acted up and he heard.

"Wait, you two slept together?,"he pointed at us. "When?"

We all stood in silence, then Flynn couldn't take the awkwardness.

"Hello, People! We've got a party to plan. Tomorrow's Christmas Eve and we won't have time. Can we please go plan the stupid surprise party?"

"Harley, I need my explanation,"Brandy folded her arms.

"And you'll get it after we're finished. Now let's go back to the living room and plan the party before Franky comes home and kicks all of you out." He grabbed the bowl of chips and put one in his mouth. "See? Now the chips are cold."

"I think they were like that before,"I smiled at him.

"They still taste good."